Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2016, 02:42 AM   #29
Stroke9

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS
I keep reading about airflow extraction, down force etc...

All I know is even on a cool day at stop light idling or after I park my car, you can see tons of heat waves escaping from the extractor. The quicker the heat leaves the engine compartment the better. I'll be even more of a believer after my header install.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #30
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroke9 View Post
I keep reading about airflow extraction, down force etc...

All I know is even on a cool day at stop light idling or after I park my car, you can see tons of heat waves escaping from the extractor. The quicker the heat leaves the engine compartment the better. I'll be even more of a believer after my header install.
I see this to and love it
Old 04-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #31
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
I'll say this, it makes it a pain in the arse to keep the engine bay free of water spots.

I think it looks good though.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #32
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Once I had a 71 monte carlo..( had lots of old chevys), I cut out the inner hood bracing and had 150 louvers punched in the hood in a arrow head shape and made high chromium content stainless drip pans, ( to keep water off the headers and engine more) , with a reinforced beading on the edge I made being a sheet metal worker, I also made a cowl of it and heater box cover. Wish I had a old pic around. Anyway with the design of our car and the firewall and the distance to the trailing edge of hood being far back from the hood seal I just did what old school knows and cut 2 feet out of the center of the seal and it vents cowl like and have no problem with water intrusion. I may get a vent some day some hex vents or something I just was disappointed in the size versus the zl1....I wanted a zl1..LOL And I know heat travels to the highest point and think even cars with vent would benefit from this mods many of us do with removing some of the seal...And I live in rainy old Oregon...... But have entertained the idea of punching my hood because I am old school....LOL I could see doing the same thing......