Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #15
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ20102SS View Post
Has anyone tried the wireless remotes to open/close their QTP cutouts? I received the cutouts today with the standard hard wired switch.....and I'm not real impressed with that switch. Its a really hard "toggle"....almost feels like I'm gonna break it when using it. It's also big and would definitely need to be hidden.
I have the remote QTPs for almost 2 yrs with no problems, shortys & HF cats also. I had them installed at QTP in Hawthorne, as you're from Jersey too you may want to consider having QTP do the install instead of ECS. Tip I got from QTP...about once a month or so spray the shaft coming from the motor that opens/closes the butterfly using Liquid Wrench NOT WD40
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #16
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
the NOWEEDS Cutouts kit are direct bolt on's i believe.

Attachment 722330

Personally i prefer these over the QTP cutouts
Noweeds are not bolt ons per se, they require cutting off a portion of the stock exhaust pipe instead of welding that the QTPs require.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #17
NJ20102SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Hey camguynj.....thnx for the response. Glad to hear your remotes are working for almost 2 years. I think I'll order them.....like I said, I don't really like the toggle switch that came with them. And, if I was just having the cutouts installed, I would def have QTP do them. But, with all the other work being done by ECS, it just makes sense to have them do the cutouts too. They're already replacing most of the exhaust and I'm having them install the Hurst shifter I got awhile ago and still haven't got around to putting in. So, thats the perfect time to run any wires inside the car. Question for you... is the box for the remote QTP setup mounted under your dash or under the hood in the engine compartment?

Thanks again.
NJ20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #18
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ20102SS View Post
Hey camguynj.....thnx for the response. Glad to hear your remotes are working for almost 2 years. I think I'll order them.....like I said, I don't really like the toggle switch that came with them. And, if I was just having the cutouts installed, I would def have QTP do them. But, with all the other work being done by ECS, it just makes sense to have them do the cutouts too. They're already replacing most of the exhaust and I'm having them install the Hurst shifter I got awhile ago and still haven't got around to putting in. So, thats the perfect time to run any wires inside the car. Question for you... is the box for the remote QTP setup mounted under your dash or under the hood in the engine compartment?

Thanks again.
I believe its mounted under the console. Here's a utube link to mine they made (before the HF cats were installed)
Disturbing the peace since '66 Can't beat the remote version. Good luck with your mods. I've been at ECS for 3:91 gears. They have a good rep.

Last edited by camguynj; 06-12-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #19
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Do cutouts rattle everything when their open on the inside? When I ran open headers (with high flow cats attached) everything on the inside rattled and vibrated.
Its ok the chicks dig it
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #20
NJ20102SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I believe its mounted under the console. Here's a utube link to mine they made (before the HF cats were installed)
Disturbing the piece since '66 Can't beat the remote version. Good luck with your mods. I've been at ECS for 3:91 gears. They have a good rep.
Thanks for the sound clip.....car sounds great! And, glad to hear you had a good experience with ECS. Another week and a half til I drop mine off for work....getting anxious !
NJ20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:36 PM   #21
JRuss95

Drives: Yellow 2010 Camaro 2ss manual trans
So I went the cheap route and ordered manual cutouts just wonder if anyone ever had any problems with those, thx
JRuss95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:11 PM   #22
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
+1 on the QTP oval cutouts.
they are welded in just after the Cats on mine, and switch is hidden under dash as well
Had QTP's for 4 years and no problems. The switch to open and close them is now wireless. My switch is in the center console so it's not visible.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote