Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Clutch Sound

Hello all. I have a 2011 V6 1LT, and I started hearing this sound this morning after the car has sat all week, although I don't think that has any bearing on it. After I started the car, I go to put it in 1st and I hear a grinding sound as I push into the gear. I release the stick into neutral and press the clutch fully to the bottom and I hear a slight grinding sound as the pedal nears the floor; as I release the pedal it goes away (it's like something is spinning but, but yet there are no rpms). I press the clutch again and I hear the sound again as the pedal nears the floor. I bring the pedal halfway up and attempt to go into 1st gear, and she slides right in. I tried reverse, and as long as the clutch is halfway, she slides right into gear; but again a slight grind as I push towards the floor. I checked the fluid and the master cylinder is full. I have no idea what it could be. I do not drive aggressive, and I only drive the car on the weekends. She currently has 64K miles on her.

Can anyone help??

Thanks
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Hello all. I have a 2011 V6 1LT, and I started hearing this sound this morning after the car has sat all week, although I don't think that has any bearing on it. After I started the car, I go to put it in 1st and I hear a grinding sound as I push into the gear. I release the stick into neutral and press the clutch fully to the bottom and I hear a slight grinding sound as the pedal nears the floor; as I release the pedal it goes away (it's like something is spinning but, but yet there are no rpms). I press the clutch again and I hear the sound again as the pedal nears the floor. I bring the pedal halfway up and attempt to go into 1st gear, and she slides right in. I tried reverse, and as long as the clutch is halfway, she slides right into gear; but again a slight grind as I push towards the floor. I checked the fluid and the master cylinder is full. I have no idea what it could be. I do not drive aggressive, and I only drive the car on the weekends. She currently has 64K miles on her.

Can anyone help??

Thanks
Good afternoon skysharker1,

I can see how this grinding noise could be frustrating. While I understand that you're seeking advice from other forum users, I'd be happy to make an appointment for you with your preferred dealer if the noise persists.

Please feel free to follow up privately if you're interested.

Best,
Lauren E
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote