#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2016, 09:25 AM   #43
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24MaroSS View Post
I can assure you this information sheet is not correct.

My brother placed his order yesterday and without the official prices even in the GM systems.

Orders can be place right now at some dealers.
His order went into the workbench and he has a status number?

Or the dealer took his info and wrote it down and said "your car is ordered"?
Old 08-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #44
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post

Or the dealer took his info and wrote it down and said "your car is ordered"?
My money is on this...

I believe the knowledgeable people on here over the random dealer stories I often hear. And I know dealers will lie.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #45
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
You're also debating a 1 post user account on a hot topic.. So, until further info is provided.. Consider the source.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #46
datboi448

Drives: 2013 2LT RS, 2017 ZL1
i noticed at my dealer when they checked if they could place an order they would check 2 different applications, one was GM the other looked like something the parent dealer group used, is that common? would explain how an order could be submitted into a different system that interfaces with the GM system
datboi448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #47
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi448 View Post
i noticed at my dealer when they checked if they could place an order they would check 2 different applications, one was GM the other looked like something the parent dealer group used, is that common? would explain how an order could be submitted into a different system that interfaces with the GM system
When I met with my dealer, They tried two ways. The first was the standard workbench the second he called a quick order system. Either way nothing would save as it would allow you to enter most of the info and print it but no way of submitting it...

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #48
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
So here's some info I got today from the dealer I'm working with.

There are currently two phases in the ZL1 launch.
Phase 1 consists of ordering between Sep. 8th and mid January.
Phase 1 consists of coupes only and obviously with the M6

Phase 2 starts in mid January and will consist of Convertibles in addition to the Coupes as well as the A10 which will launch at that time.

The carbon fiber insert for the dash is a future product which is constrained until it's expected launch in November.

The carbon fiber insert fuel door is not currently a constraint item.

The dealer I'm working with received one allocation for a ZL1 build for the entire period of Phase 1 which means I will be forfeiting the option to create an order since the A10 is not available now. That allocation will go towards another buyer interested in an M6 coupe for now. If the A10 becomes available sooner than January there is no guarantee that they will receive another allocation prior to that.

The next time I may potentially have an opportunity to order a car assuming all the constraints are lifted is mid January.

By then I will have put several thousand miles on my new Hellcat! Anyone got a sublime sitting around collecting dust. I got cash.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #49
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
So here's some info I got today from the dealer I'm working with.

There are currently two phases in the ZL1 launch.
Phase 1 consists of ordering between Sep. 8th and mid January.
Phase 1 consists of coupes only and obviously with the M6

Phase 2 starts in mid January and will consist of Convertibles in addition to the Coupes as well as the A10 which will launch at that time.

The carbon fiber insert for the dash is a future product which is constrained until it's expected launch in November.

The carbon fiber insert fuel door is not currently a constraint item.

The dealer I'm working with received one allocation for a ZL1 build for the entire period of Phase 1 which means I will be forfeiting the option to create an order since the A10 is not available now. That allocation will go towards another buyer interested in an M6 coupe for now. If the A10 becomes available sooner than January there is no guarantee that they will receive another allocation prior to that.

The next time I may potentially have an opportunity to order a car assuming all the constraints are lifted is mid January.

By then I will have put several thousand miles on my new Hellcat! Anyone got a sublime sitting around collecting dust. I got cash.
Love accurate information usually not found on the internet. Looks like ordering in January. Already gave up first order to someone who wanted the M6.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:36 AM   #50
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Is everyone getting the same answers as me?

Visited dealer closest to my home yesterday:
Manager was able to configure a black ZL1 Coupe w/M6 and PDR but no pricing.
Could not determine whether military discount will be available on 1st round, or 2nd, or ever.
Warned me that ZL1s may sell over MSRP due to demand exceeding production.
Can't guarantee 1st round. On previous introductions of other models, there was a $5K option to guarantee 1st round.
Gave me example of Z28 when first out: some dealers selling their allocation for $10K over MSRP to dealer who marked up another $10K
Did not yet have his allocations for ZL1.
May not have enough allocations when they do come in.
They have 4 or 5 other prospective customers asking for 1st round order (doctor, dentist, etc.)
So, my conclusion is that not only will I not get a military discount but I'll have to pay a sizeable premium if I want one this year or next.

Left an identical message with dealers within 50 miles, asking if they had allocations. Told them I was retired Marine hoping to get the military discount. Got 2 call-backs. One of them seems promising... we'll see.

I was all pumped up with the latest news. Ran the numbers on MSRP - military discount. Finally I thought I was in a position to by my dream car. Now I'm a bit deflated.
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #51
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
Is everyone getting the same answers as me?

Visited dealer closest to my home yesterday:
Manager was able to configure a black ZL1 Coupe w/M6 and PDR but no pricing.
Could not determine whether military discount will be available on 1st round, or 2nd, or ever.
Warned me that ZL1s may sell over MSRP due to demand exceeding production.
Can't guarantee 1st round. On previous introductions of other models, there was a $5K option to guarantee 1st round.
Gave me example of Z28 when first out: some dealers selling their allocation for $10K over MSRP to dealer who marked up another $10K
Did not yet have his allocations for ZL1.
May not have enough allocations when they do come in.
They have 4 or 5 other prospective customers asking for 1st round order (doctor, dentist, etc.)
So, my conclusion is that not only will I not get a military discount but I'll have to pay a sizeable premium if I want one this year or next.

Left an identical message with dealers within 50 miles, asking if they had allocations. Told them I was retired Marine hoping to get the military discount. Got 2 call-backs. One of them seems promising... we'll see.

I was all pumped up with the latest news. Ran the numbers on MSRP - military discount. Finally I thought I was in a position to by my dream car. Now I'm a bit deflated.
It sounds like they are setting you up for a mark up. Too much concentration on premiums to guarantee early delivery. Secondly the quantity of buyers may or may not be legit but either way the size of the dealer and their sales numbers help determine how many allocations they will receive. Mine got one car between now and January. I dont see anybody honoring a military discount tight now. I'm eligible for a GM supplier discount but not on the ZL1. Sounds fishy.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #52
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalmon123 View Post
Anybody have any info when the ZL1 convertible/10speed auto might be available for order?
Mid January is the latest I have been told.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #53
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Mid January is the latest I have been told.
I've been told that's "BEST CASE SCENERIO".... My dealer is saying DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH... He's expecting this mess to resolve itself later than that and June / July 2017 deliveries for the MXO... According to his GM Regional contact and what he's been told from GM insiders ...
Old 08-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #54
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Hopefully the dust will settle by the time i am ready in March/April and no crazy markups and Autos are readily avail

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #55
nosoupforyou

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS, 17 Shelby GT350
I live in a small area and it's already sounding like it's not going to be easy for them to get one

Meanwhile, a Ford dealer near me has a GT350 they are selling for MSRP... this could be difficult...
nosoupforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #56
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
I've been told that's "BEST CASE SCENERIO".... My dealer is saying DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH... He's expecting this mess to resolve itself later than that and June / July 2017 deliveries for the MXO... According to his GM Regional contact and what he's been told from GM insiders ...
And herein lies the problem....Nobody friggin knows. And the causation is that GM may not truthfully know themselves. And maybe that's why Al was reluctant to pin down exact dates. I can't imagine how the nsx faithful dealt with their almost half-a-decade delay.

This is too exhausting and confusing, and that M6 sure is looking pretty now. I began compiling a completely fictitious list of A10 facts to make me more comfortable if I chose the M6.

1. The fast shifts we heard were secretly edited in Katy Perry's recording studio.
2. The A10 doesn't even exist
3. Automatics are for sissies
4. My pa' didn't raise no sissy
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote