Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Subs in vert?

Has anyone put subs in a vert?? I'm looking to play aound, but I just don't know where to start. I had a 5th Gen prior to this and I did my thing, but with this minimal space, just looking for some advice.
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
So the Gen 6 vert does not come with a sub in the middle of the rear seat like the 5th Gen?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
I too came from a 5th gem vert to a 6th gen. No there is no sub in the seat. That is where they put the motor for the top on the 6th gen. There are a couple of threads in the forum but I do not think anyone has added a sub yet. I think a few were talking about putting a shallow mount sub under the spot where the top goes when it is down. I myself am considering that option. I also have 2 other ideas that I want to talk to my shop about. One would be to put a sub in where the factory amp is. I think a shallow mount 10 should fit there. The other is to just pull the back seat out and put a sub there. The back seat is basically useless since the front seats pretty much sit up against it in this car. The 5th gen was definitely a log easier to put a sub in.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #4
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Is there no space in the trunk anywhere for a sub and amp? I'm not taking delivery of my vert until the end of next week, but already itching to get more bass in it. The mustang shaker pro has a JBL-like 12" in the side of the trunk, but their trunks are bigger than the Camaro. I thought I recalled seeing some open, unfinished space near the wheel well inside the trunk area, but that may need to be kept clear for the top. I thought someone for sure would have had this mod dialed in by now. . . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #5
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
there is about 5-6 inches of clearance under the top when it is down....
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #6
Turbo8u
Motorhead

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
You are 100% right on that back seat, rip it out and install subs so that you get something useful out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I too came from a 5th gem vert to a 6th gen. No there is no sub in the seat. That is where they put the motor for the top on the 6th gen. There are a couple of threads in the forum but I do not think anyone has added a sub yet. I think a few were talking about putting a shallow mount sub under the spot where the top goes when it is down. I myself am considering that option. I also have 2 other ideas that I want to talk to my shop about. One would be to put a sub in where the factory amp is. I think a shallow mount 10 should fit there. The other is to just pull the back seat out and put a sub there. The back seat is basically useless since the front seats pretty much sit up against it in this car. The 5th gen was definitely a log easier to put a sub in.
2002 Chevrolet Quad Cab Duramax
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon BUILT, Supercharged
1969 Camaro FAKE Z28
1968 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
Turbo8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #7
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Took possession of my '16 2SS vert on Friday, pretty disappointed with the Bloze system. Definitely needs some amps and subs, but spacing is tight. My dad (82 y/o) leaned into the car at the dealership and snapped a super-thin metal piece of the top (it was down), and we were 500 miles from home. I'm pretty concerned on the overall build quality, so hesitant to drop big $$ on system if the car will have more problems, but for now, just stoked to drive it.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #8
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
there is about 5-6 inches of clearance under the top when it is down....
There is actually approximately 8¼" of clearance above the flat area. There is less clearance towards the sides, as there is a "ledge" as the floor transitions to the sidewalls. As the ledge goes from the back of the trunk to the back of the rear seat, it increases in height (up to about 4"). I measured just the other day. See my post #156 in this thread.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:11 PM   #9
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
There is actually approximately 8¼" of clearance above the flat area. There is less clearance towards the sides, as there is a "ledge" as the floor transitions to the sidewalls. As the ledge goes from the back of the trunk to the back of the rear seat, it increases in height (up to about 4"). I measured just the other day. See my post #156 in this thread.
Thanks for the measurements. I knew we had at least 5-6 inches because a 12 pack will fit under there with the top down but I hadnt had a reason to go get the measurements
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote