Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #71
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Doesn't matter, you live in a hellhole called Sweden. Probably by the time you need that pension it won't exist because there will not be a Sweden. Your going to have to pay for all the others doing nothing and they will buy ZL1's. Now back to the ZL1 upgrade versus a SS.
u know a lot about sweden?
how long have you lived here?
what do you think of our amazing free health care
our amazing free nurserys
our amazing state pensions
our high salarys? me and my wife earn over 100k usd a year
our mega stable economy.
our low population and mega low crime rates.
our clean air.
i'm english and will never go back to live in the uk EVER.

Last edited by drew peacock; 12-08-2016 at 07:48 AM.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #72
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
another Mustang owner stirring the pot lol

I haven't been there... but I hear Sweden is very nice.

Stop taking stuff so damn personal. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #73
drew peacock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
another Mustang owner stirring the pot lol

I haven't been there... but I hear Sweden is very nice.

Stop taking stuff so damn personal. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
i'm a camaro man at heart..we'll see how long i own my mustang
Old 12-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #74
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Why don't we just stop with the lame financial chatter.......nobody is impressed by any body else when it comes to personnal issues. It's pretty simple if we were all so well off and sitting pretty we would be arguing politics on a Lamborghini or Ferrari forum. Eveverbody has achieved what they have in different ways.. I dont judge people by what they have or don't have. We all are mostly middleclass...some a little higher...some a little lower. But please let's stop with "look what I have"bullshit........save the impressing for people that get impressed.....and it sure as hell isn't this guy. Only thing impressing me are the guys that start with nothing. ..no help from anyone....have a wife..raise some kids. Have the pleasure of owning a house and building a structured life for people close to you.....eveything else is just a bonus.....including your wife now asking monthly "WTF are you doing to that car "now. Ahhhh the memories will be priceless.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #75
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
u know a lot about sweden?
how long have you lived here?
what do you think of our amazing free health care
our amazing free nurserys
our amazing state pensions
our high salarys? me and my wife earn over 100k usd a year
our mega stable economy.
our low population and mega low crime rates.
our clean air.
i'm english and will never go back to live in the uk EVER.
Ya but drew.. my American friends can come to Canada and enjoy much of the same.....
Old 12-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #76
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
The subject was dropped a couple pages ago. It was never a pissing contest about who had more. It merely about someone saying that modding a Camaro was a fools game, and basically a waste of money, basically, that they knew better about money and we didn't. The whole sidetracking conversation that followed was nothing more than an attempt at showing that they didn't have it all figured out, and not to judge others.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #77
rontammy0
Account Suspended

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
The subject was dropped a couple pages ago. It was never a pissing contest about who had more. It merely about someone saying that modding a Camaro was a fools game, and basically a waste of money, basically, that they knew better about money and we didn't. The whole sidetracking conversation that followed was nothing more than an attempt at showing that they didn't have it all figured out, and not to judge others.
Lol I know I'm late to the party and needed to post . and I agree you.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #78
drew peacock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #79
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Isn't this a Camaro forum?

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #80
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
I was happy with my 2010 modded SS, it was on par with the later 1LE option. Now that it was stolen , I'm caught in that choice, for the same money buy a used ZL1 or a less used 1LE?
still havent made my mind...

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #81
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
My SS now owes me approx what a ZL1 would have been if I have bought ZL1 at the time. It's been fun modding my SS and its unique to me, here in Australia the Gen5 Camaro is very rare and expensive so they average Joe would not know the difference between the SS and ZL1.
2nd hand 2010 SS with 50000miles are still getting $60-$70k.
Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #82
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Here is an example.
Attached Images

Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #83
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
For me it's like this, I traded in a '97 Z28 for a 2013 2LT/RS drove it for a year, kind of missed my V8, saw some deals on the last of the 2015's and I bought a new 2015 2SS/RS.
Would have liked a ZL1 but a little too much money. I can afford it but I'm in the last 5 years of building up my retirement accounts and doing home remodeling all with zero debt. That made the ZL1 harder for me to justify. At 60 I also am pretty much done turning a wrench except for oil changes, brakes, the easy stuff. I don't want to tear into a new engine still under warranty. Just not something I would do. Then there is the, no matter what you have someone will have one that is faster so it is a game you can never really win or stay on top of for long. If I buy a Gen 6 in a few years as one last hurrah I will try to make it a ZL1. If I don't the L99 is already wicked fast for an old guy like me so everything I do from this point on is overkill and for the personal wow factor.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #84
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
I bought my 2011 with a KB on it, 3500 miles got a big discount on because all customers thought i had no warranty. Oh but it did! Previous owner messed up the cam sensor wiring (fixed on warranty). 10000 miles later she's a beast and 0 problems.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote