Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
LukasJHermanek

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Brutal Dilemma

Hey guys. New to the forum, also just took delivery of my car about 3 weeks ago.

Parked at work (on the road), I found my brand new camaro covered in dirt, sand and grass clippings.. along with a dent and chipped paint!!... the landscapers were using a trimmer along the edge of the flower beds which subsequently kicked up a rock and dented my car.

See pictures.

Here are the options -
1- get entire right rear quarter panel re-painted... all the way up the pillar to the front of the car. Get that panel re-paint corrected and re-applied with ceramic coating.
2- get the dent pulled and touched up "professionally"

Personally i'm leaning towards the touch up since i'm not fond of getting a paintjob on my brand new car. But i would like some input as i'm unsure of what the best option is at this point.

Also the landscaping company has taken responsibility and is willing to pay the amount of $560 to get the panel repainted if need be.

Has anyone had something like this happen from experience? Your opinions are valid as i'm at a dead end with all of this.
Attached Images

LukasJHermanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
if your okay with knowing that it won't look perfect get it touched up, but if they are going to pay for it to get painted, get it painted. I'm glad they took responsibility though, that is a stand up company, most would probably deny deny deny.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
LukasJHermanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
if your okay with knowing that it won't look perfect get it touched up, but if they are going to pay for it to get painted, get it painted. I'm glad they took responsibility though, that is a stand up company, most would probably deny deny deny.
Well it wasnt easy getting them to pay up.. but it was either that or they were going to lose the contract with our property. I want it looking as close to original as possible.. but every time i see a car thats been painted its very noticeable and then your stuck with it.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Get it painted at a quality shop, you will never notice it.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:32 PM   #5
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
If you elect to paint, be aware that when you go to sell the car, the buyer may notice the taped areas and believe the car has been wrecked. Having been there, I'd go find a pro dent wizard and touch it up.
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Get it painted at a quality shop, you will never notice it.
This. Just had my rear bumper repainted and I can't even tell, despite being very picky. They didn't even repaint the whole thing...the blending is phenomenal. My car is metallic black too, so it was probably one of the harder paints to match.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
LukasJHermanek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
This. Just had my rear bumper repainted and I can't even tell, despite being very picky. They didn't even repaint the whole thing...the blending is phenomenal. My car is metallic black too, so it was probably one of the harder paints to match.

Mine is just the standard black paint, which to my knowledge is one of the easiest colours to work with. I'm mainly just concerned about whether or not the painted section will be visible. As i said, most cars i see which have undergone bodywork are very noticeable... just can't beat a factory finish.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #8
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I'd use a PDR person to remove the dent and then have the chip touched up before having the quarter repainted. It can be repainted if the touch up doesn't come out to your satisfaction. The challenge is getting the chip filled in to make it look right. However, its hard to find someone who's skilled at paint touch up.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #9
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Get multiple quotes. $650 sounds cheap to me. Get the money and touch up the areas.