Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Have you experienced unexpected power loss at low speeds with the 6th Gen ZL1?
Yes, I feel there is an issue with the car's ability to take off gently and/or launch. 104 64.20%
No, the car seems fine to me. 26 16.05%
I do not own a 6th Gen ZL1. 32 19.75%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #239
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I appreciate the ideas, but there's a software problem on '17s. There's no question about it. A little birdie told me the '18s coming off of the line have new driveability fixes (the '17s do not).

Let's be patient. I have faith the GM engineers are going to take care of the '17 owners. I will get the Control Tec installed on my car as soon as it's made available. We'll get the data and be on our way to getting a software update.
So it looks like this issue was identified and that's probably why the folks you spoke with said they may know what it is and just need to confirm. Interesting!

Hopefully we can get some feedback from 2018 owners soon...
Old 07-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #240
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I appreciate the ideas, but there's a software problem on '17s. There's no question about it. A little birdie told me the '18s coming off of the line have new driveability fixes (the '17s do not).
Is this birdie associated with GM by chance? Reason I ask is bc if you watch lethal camaro's 1le ride video, that car seemed to fall down using launch control too. At least it seemed to do what mine does using launch control.

But it's awesome that they'll look into it and hopefully offer a fix to get these cars moving quicker
Old 07-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #241
Ankh599
Ankh599

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach495 View Post
I'm very curious if this is why my car feels slow to me. I had the car put on a dyno a couple weeks ago and it was reading 505 torque, where it should be around 560. It seems like something is pulling timing. I have a M6 with about 2200 miles on it and it never really felt like it's pulled hard to me. I was watching the eLSD system today and it's definitely acting funny. I can be at a light and just rev the car in neutral and it'll read 7%. Just driving down the road and giving it any gas will make the value increase %, without the wheels anywhere near breaking loose.
They didn't dyno your car correctly. I received the same reading because they didn't go to 4th gear. Tell them not to do it in 3rd, it's a 6 spd.

Last edited by Ankh599; 07-27-2017 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Missed a link
Ankh599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #242
Ankh599
Ankh599

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Rolling starts is the only way I race. Track racing sucks because of the 1st gear bog. But I met a guy that has a Vette and he experienced the same issue. He said make the trip to his shop and his tune will fix the issue. I plan on going next month...will update when I get it done. Here is his website
http://speedengineeringanddyno.com/

Here he is destroying a Hellcat

Here he is beating a 1,400 horsepower All Wheel Drive Jeep
Ankh599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #243
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Does this apply to 1LEs? It is trying to launch this car hard... Try all settings... Similar experiences.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #244
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
Just picked up my M6 last night. Drove it 750 miles back home. I had zero issues. I have been driving manual trans cars since I was 9, learned on my grandfathers 67 Chevy pick up with a 3 on the tree.

I could just either let the clutch out slowly and it would roll away from the light or rev lightly and engage. Either worked fine.

Of course with only 750 miles I have not tried to "launch" it so the jury is still out there.
ssrallyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #245
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
I didn't have time to read all 12 pages, but this issue that the OP has in the video is the same thing I am getting in my 2018 manual trans Z06.

The other issue I have with eLSD is its not locking as much or as quickly when it gets hot. I get one tire spinning a lot in corners. Is that happening to any of you and is it related?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #246
Timbo-1LE

Again 1L SS and also experience this bogging

In addition, probably NOT related, but my elsd % the past day has hit high of 49% in sport with heavy throttle getting on freeway.
Prior, never saw higher higher than 25. Only difference, just turned over 75 engine hours. I know it has been stated there is no mileage based safequards, but weird....
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #247
JayhawkSS1LE

My SS 1LE experiences this same bogging on launch. I am in Track Mode and in Sport 2 and it just spins for a half a second and then bogs down... makes me feel like a moron lol

Makes me wonder how I would be able to just light up the tires if I so chose to do so...
Old 07-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #248
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh599 View Post
They didn't dyno your car correctly. I received the same reading because they didn't go to 4th gear. Tell them not to do it in 3rd, it's a 6 spd.
I would also make sure they turn off all the nannies.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #249
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Did not read all 18 pages of posts but I have had 2 cars which had traction control o them.
A 550 Maranello Ferrari. Every time I nailed it either from a stop or in lower gear and broke the tires loos and the traction control was on, the engine would cut out and then come back on. it was like horrible. I learned to never drive with any computer controls on in the car.
Now I have a ZL1 1LE and brought it home yesterday and again first thing I did with the dealer was inactivate all the computer over rides for traction control and stabiltrac.
I rely on my foot and feeling as to what to do and have not even looked at launch control. I am a road racer though so I just want it all off.
So far though clutch engages fine and positively and then after when I nail it it goes. No lag.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:48 AM   #250
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Did not read all 18 pages of posts but I have had 2 cars which had traction control o them.
A 550 Maranello Ferrari. Every time I nailed it either from a stop or in lower gear and broke the tires loos and the traction control was on, the engine would cut out and then come back on. it was like horrible. I learned to never drive with any computer controls on in the car.
Now I have a ZL1 1LE and brought it home yesterday and again first thing I did with the dealer was inactivate all the computer over rides for traction control and stabiltrac.
I rely on my foot and feeling as to what to do and have not even looked at launch control. I am a road racer though so I just want it all off.
So far though clutch engages fine and positively and then after when I nail it it goes. No lag.
You mean the dealer went into the computer and overwrote the TC and Stabilitrac completely?
Old 07-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #251
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
You mean the dealer went into the computer and overwrote the TC and Stabilitrac completely?
Seems like that would be a huge liability if it were even possible. I could be wrong, but I really question GM even giving Technicians the ability to do something like that.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #252
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Seems like that would be a huge liability if it were even possible. I could be wrong, but I really question GM even giving Technicians the ability to do something like that.
Me too.