Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Naming Your Car...

So there's thread after thread of people who have either asked for names, or came up with names for their car. But I haven't found any that talk about WHY you named your car a specific name. So anyone car to share their story?

I filed for a legal name change for my car. I just haven't gotten around to changing my signature just yet. The name change came about as the result of registering it through the DMV where I came up with something more fitting.

My car is black and silver... and that's the theme I'm sticking with. What am I calling it now? "War Machine". In another thread I talked about how the car is like my metal body that is an extension of me... reminded me of the old Iron Man and War Machine comics (I've had a few for quite some time now). I've also used the name "U.S. War Machine" in a few online games. Anyway, I'm hoping to add some cosmetics to it, to make it look more along the appropriate lines of the real War Machine. Plus AC/DC was kind enough to give me a theme song to it:

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!

Last edited by John Shields; 08-11-2010 at 09:09 PM.
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I like that, "War Machine" cool.

naming cars not for me though. Chevrolet Camaro is just fine.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I named mines chelsea...after my gf cuz my gf makes me happy and driving my camaro makes me happy. Simple as that
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
redrobin

Drives: 2010 RY 2LT/RS
My mom had a yellow 2nd gen when I was a teenager. She loved it. Wanted to sell it to me after I left home...stupid me said no. Anyway, her name was Eloise so I got a yellow Camaro and named her Weezee in memory of my mom who passed away in 2003. I think she'd get a kick out of a car being named after her. I plan on passing Weezee down to my kids, if I ever get too old to drive her (which I don't see happeneing!).
redrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobin View Post
My mom had a yellow 2nd gen when I was a teenager. She loved it. Wanted to sell it to me after I left home...stupid me said no. Anyway, her name was Eloise so I got a yellow Camaro and named her Weezee in memory of my mom who passed away in 2003. I think she'd get a kick out of a car being named after her. I plan on passing Weezee down to my kids, if I ever get too old to drive her (which I don't see happeneing!).
Very... I plan on passing my car on down to my son. It'll be nice and used in 12 or 13 years. He's probably going to want it painted green (his favorite color now, so who knows if that'll change). But I told him he could name it when that day happens.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
willie2323

Drives: 2LT/RS/Jwlcoat, 20" polished
Well, it was for my wife (that loves to name her cars) who loves it more to this day that the day we got it.
willie2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
I was originally going to name it "White Knight", my knight in white shiny armor.

But then my BF said "Cracker", I laughed my a$$ off and it's been Cracker ever since. Cracker obviously because it's white. "You cracka a$$ cracka!"

Michelle42780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
girlfriend of the week :P

that means my car will change names...a lot
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle42780 View Post
I was originally going to name it "White Knight", my knight in white shiny armor.

But then my BF said "Cracker", I laughed my a$$ off and it's been Cracker ever since. Cracker obviously because it's white. "You cracka a$$ cracka!"
Ha! Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComayroLouver View Post
girlfriend of the week :P

that means my car will change names...a lot
Yeah I have a feeling the name is going to change for that other one who posted above (naming it after his girlfriend).

Old 08-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
So there's thread after thread of people who have either asked for names, or came up with names for their car
OMG, and now we have ANOTHER one!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #11
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
So there's thread after thread of people who have either asked for names, or came up with names for their car. But I haven't found any that talk about WHY you named your car a specific name. So anyone car to share their story?

I filed for a legal name change for my car. I just haven't gotten around to changing my signature just yet. The name change came about as the result of registering it through the DMV where I came up with something more fitting.

My car is black and silver... and that's the theme I'm sticking with. What am I calling it now? "War Machine". In another thread I talked about how the car is like my metal body that is an extension of me... reminded me of the old Iron Man and War Machine comics (I've had a few for quite some time now). I've also used the name "U.S. War Machine" in a few online games. Anyway, I'm hoping to add some cosmetics to it, to make it look more along the appropriate lines of the real War Machine. Plus AC/DC was kind enough to give me a theme song to it:

"War Machine"? KISS, baby!!!

Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Since I first saw the concept Camaro in the Transformers movie and grew up a Transformers fan I was glad to see them do a Transformers edition. I decided to copy the look since they only made the TF Edition in Rally Yellow. With my color choice and the fact that he was one of my favorite characters form the '80's cartoon, "Bluestreak" was the only fitting name for my car.

Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
all right daddy-o, here is my story..all my cars get names, and I only buy females... once I bought a Concord only to discover it was a male, and I sent it packing.....(I don't need a car dicking me on down the road)

When I bought Chantilly, she had 4 miles on the clock.... Turned on XM5 and the Big Bopper was singing Chantilly Lace...and I knew, that my sweet Chantilly, named herself, just as my twin turbo GTO Maybellene did back in 2006......

the HepKitty

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
"War Machine"? KISS, baby!!!

Meh, I still like the AC/DC version better. Though I do like me some KISS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
Since I first saw the concept Camaro in the Transformers movie and grew up a Transformers fan I was glad to see them do a Transformers edition. I decided to copy the look since they only made the TF Edition in Rally Yellow. With my color choice and the fact that he was one of my favorite characters form the '80's cartoon, "Bluestreak" was the only fitting name for my car.

My favorite from the old show was always Optimus. But I have seen your car on the forums. Nice way to remember the guy.