Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
I kinda frown on Clones. Real is the only deal. Especially at the auctions.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
how can paying for an unmodded (performance-wise) non-z28 even be close to worth 6 figures??

with 6 figures I could get a zr1, or get a gt-r and still have enough money to buy and perfectly replicate this car.

You could say that having a "collector's car" makes it worth it... but in the end it might be worth 5k more than a normal ss, if that. 6 figures is downright outrageous
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
funny, this was listed last week.....at teh time it was up to $119,100....and the reserve has still not been met....obviously it didn't get high enough. The car itself isn't all that special...all that is different is a paint job and some "celebrities" signatures on it, a coulpe of stickers on it, and its based on THEIR dads name.....right.....not much a deal.

as P.T. Barnum most eloquently said: "There's a sucker born every minute"!
+1, paint, stickers and the fact it came from the DEI just doesn't make it worth much more than a regular SS. If I were a collector I would expect a lot more for that kind of money. It's not as though Sr himself signed it.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #18
Hall of Fame

You folks cannot replicate this car. Period. Everything including Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet emblems are licensed. I can't help the car is worth that much. I didn't argue with the appraiser. Only 10 were made with 8 purchaser's. I don't make the market of what something is worth . The car is what it is. Y'all may disagree so what? Next year they may double or so again. Who knows. They may go down to what they were purchased for. I doubt it based on the past Earnhardt cars valuations.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
You folks cannot replicate this car. Period. Everything including Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet emblems are licensed. I can't help the car is worth that much. I didn't argue with the appraiser. Only 10 were made with 8 purchaser's. I don't make the market of what something is worth . The car is what it is. Y'all may disagree so what? Next year they may double or so again. Who knows. They may go down to what they were purchased for. I doubt it based on the past Earnhardt cars valuations.
Because that prevents people.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
nardox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
It maybe illegal to replicate the car if the Earnhardt emblems are licensed, replicating those emblems may cause infringement problems, but that doesn't mean there's absolutely no way of doing it.

Anyways value is a very subjective matter so this maybe a real deal for a very few but it's not that attractive for most.
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
If I hit the lottery I'll buy it.
If I hit the lottery it would be a miracle because I don't play it.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Whoever buys any of those stupid cars needs to be smacked, what a waste of money. When these cars become semi collectible 40 years from now no one will care about the Dale cars.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #23
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Even if I hit the lotto I wouldn't buy this. Only a sick paint job...eh...but hey if your into this more power to ya

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #24
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
It maybe illegal to replicate the car if the Earnhardt emblems are licensed, replicating those emblems may cause infringement problems, but that doesn't mean there's absolutely no way of doing it.

Anyways value is a very subjective matter so this maybe a real deal for a very few but it's not that attractive for most.

Any collector before paying big money and purchasing would verify anyway.These cars all are recorded by DEC by Vin number.. But... I have looked at a many of 1969/1970 Boss Mustang, Hemi Cuda's, that were so close it would scare the Pope.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #25
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Whoever buys any of those stupid cars needs to be smacked, what a waste of money. When these cars become semi collectible 40 years from now no one will care about the Dale cars.
Ehhh I wouldn't go that far. It would depend on a lot of factors. The two most important (I would think) of which would be who commissioned the cars and will they ever be produced again.

Well... and then there's if Earnhardt ever accomplishes what his father did and all that jazz.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #26
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
Ehhh I wouldn't go that far. It would depend on a lot of factors. The two most important (I would think) of which would be who commissioned the cars and will they ever be produced again.

Well... and then there's if Earnhardt ever accomplishes what his father did and all that jazz.

In less that 40 years they will be well out of my possession. And no more Hall of Fame Camaro's are being made. Only 10 of them in the world.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #27
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
[QUOTE=Anyways value is a very subjective matter so this maybe a real deal for a very few but it's not that attractive for most.[/QUOTE]

I havent even looked at the vehicle. All I had to hear were the words "6 figures". I don't give a shit if Dale himself drove the car to the auction, I would never consider paying 6 figures for a Camaro...

In my book, if anyone paid that kind of money for a Camaro SS, you would be considered a very rich retard .....just sayin.....

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Aside from looking underwhelming (though I'll admit that is subjective), the collectability of this car seems very forced. Desirability and rareness, not silly paint, intentionally limited numbers, or the lack of any mentionable signature makes a car collectible IMO. I'd take a 92 Firehawk over this.