Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Summit racing discount codes (spread the word)

Summit Racing Discount codes; Good thru Dec 17th:

XS1210 = 10% off $75 or more.
XS1215 = 15% off $150 or more.
XS12FS = Free Shipping (domestic ground) on orders of $25 or more.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Monte Carlo Man

Drives: Everything from soup to nuts
The problem with buying off Summit is that some of their stuff is cheap crap and the fact that if you get the wrong part - there might be a restocking fee.
In the long run, you are better off to just buy off a reputable engine builder and just pay the difference and let the engine builder - build you what you want and what you need.

Too many people buys stuff on name - and doesn't understand how the component works and in the end they buy the wrong item and when they put it on their car - the car does not respond well to the new item that they have added.

Many times I see people with the wrong size heads, too large of a camshaft, gear drives - all kinds of stuff that makes the car go slower - not faster, wastes fuel and doesn't perform as advertised.
Monte Carlo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Carlo Man View Post
The problem with buying off Summit is that some of their stuff is cheap crap and the fact that if you get the wrong part - there might be a restocking fee.
In the long run, you are better off to just buy off a reputable engine builder and just pay the difference and let the engine builder - build you what you want and what you need.

in some instances, like with all mass suppliers, there is some "cheap crap" that gets thru. and where's the fun in paying someone to do the work for you? only one way to learn, and thats by doing it yourself.

Too many people buys stuff on name - and doesn't understand how the component works and in the end they buy the wrong item and when they put it on their car - the car does not respond well to the new item that they have added.

Many times I see people with the wrong size heads, too large of a camshaft, gear drives - all kinds of stuff that makes the car go slower - not faster, wastes fuel and doesn't perform as advertised.
it is up to the person buying the product to do the research on what they need to attain their goals.

but along those same lines, many times I see people paying out the a$$ to a builder or company because they have no idea what they are doing.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:

Never had a problem with Summit and restocking fees. Of course, I usually research what I am going for first.
I've worked both ways. I know a good rebuilder about 35 minutes south of my home and used him. I've also found what I want and bought it through places like Summit.

The argument about Summit you have can go for any retail business. That doesn't mean you abandon buying things retail. You just do your homework and make good plans.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
Thanks for the info! Just saved $100 on some stuff for the 67.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
FYI, discount code is still active.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:

is this guy serious?

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
Luckymex_dallas
Drag Racer

Drives: 2010 2SS/Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
is this guy serious?
i doubt it. but i am a SERIOUS buyer for your nitrous kit!
Luckymex_dallas is offline   Reply With Quote