Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
id say sway bar connectors. Mine did the same thing and I didnt tighten them down enough
Oooo. So they'd creak over bumps? Ill go check. : )
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
LOWERING SPRINGS

I had my lowering springs installed back in early December. The day I got it back it sounded like my whole front end was going to drop off. The noise eventually went away. It still seems kind of clunky but that's because the snowplows have tore up the roads but it seems ALOT smoother than before. I have Eibach Lowering Springs though? I love my lowering springs but I'm missing the feel of my factory suspension somedays
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Freind out here had the same thing and it sounded like the sways needed the right torque. He's taking his back today. Has Eibachs.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #18
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Old 02-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #19
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I had my lowering springs installed back in early December. The day I got it back it sounded like my whole front end was going to drop off. The noise eventually went away. It still seems kind of clunky but that's because the snowplows have tore up the roads but it seems ALOT smoother than before. I have Eibach Lowering Springs though? I love my lowering springs but I'm missing the feel of my factory suspension somedays
Ive had lowered camaors for 12 years now. I know what you mean about the stock suspension! Just the nature of the beast.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #20
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
This is so good to hear... Maybe I'll just drive her gently and see if it doesn't work itself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Freind out here had the same thing and it sounded like the sways needed the right torque. He's taking his back today. Has Eibachs.
Well Skip is going to go see if he can't tighten the sways any...
Old 02-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Quote:
Ive had lowered camaors for 12 years now. I know what you mean about the stock suspension! Just the nature of the beast.
I miss the cushy-ness of the stock but I love how grounded I feel. There is always a trade off.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I miss the cushy-ness of the stock but I love how grounded I feel. There is always a trade off.
I still love my lowering springs. I hate the looks of my camaro without the lowering springs and the huge wheel gap ha! I had my lowering springs on for two months and I'm still trying to get rid of some minor noises but they FEEL alot smoother than before
Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #23
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:

Looks good as a lowered Camaro should!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #24
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I really wish I could hear the noise but I think you're going to be ok. enjoy your dinner!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #25
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
could be that the the spring popped out of the seat on the shock. and the spring is spinning. happens somtimes as the spring settle they can hit a bump jump out of the seat and then start to spin and somtimes fall back into the grove.

see there is a groove, and the spring end sit in there and stops them from spinning and also makes them sit flush since the last coil of the spring has a clipped end.... if it comes out of there it can make a thunking sound... the spring shakes and spins dosnt sit flush. makes for a loud clicking sound.

happend to me in my sti... took a while to find where the noise was coming from... maybe just take a look to see if that is your problem.
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I still love my lowering springs. I hate the looks of my camaro without the lowering springs and the huge wheel gap ha! I had my lowering springs on for two months and I'm still trying to get rid of some minor noises but they FEEL alot smoother than before
When does yours make noise? I'm just curious, I'm trying to make myself feel better, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I really wish I could hear the noise but I think you're going to be ok. enjoy your dinner!!
Maybe I'll try to video it tomorrow. Or tonight. And thanks, P.F. Changs... YUMMY.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #27
~Stacy~
Banned

Quote:
I'm still stuck with my $400 bushing kit I bought from BMR:( My service advisor reccomended to me that I shouldn't go further with my suspension mods on the camaro? Which he may have a point I could get further noises or issues. I will just keep the bushing kit in case I break one of the factory ones? I put the Eibach Pro Kit lowering spring kit and the Anti Roll Kit in and then I just stopped screwing around with my suspension in the car.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
~Stacy~
Banned

Lowering Springs

Quote:
When does yours make noise? I'm just curious, I'm trying to make myself feel better, lol.

Just over bumps in the road and potholes. It used to clunk really loud when I turned into driveways but the noise eventually went away. I have been parking my car for the winter every since I hit the ice spot and went flying. So in reality I only racked up about 300 miles on my new springs so I still think it takes about a good 800 miles to break them fully in. I'm not a expert but it takes time.
Maybe I'll try to video it tomorrow. Or tonight. And thanks, P.F. Changs... YUMMY.