Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
BLACOWT

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
PFADT DROP SPRING INSTALL QUESTION ...

just ordered my PFDT lowering springs.....i am probably gunna do the install myself but it will be my first spring install .....

just wanted to hear from anyone who has gone the DIY method, and if u ran into any issues or difficult parts of the install to look out for ...

thanks
-Solo HF Cats / Borla ATAK Catback / Black Powder CAI Inc. Intake / Black Heritage Grille / Wrapped in 5% tint all around / GTS Blackout Covers (Tail Lights) / Black Out Kit (side markers,reverse lights) / Bowtie Delete front and rear / Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels / Black GM Splash Guards / AAC LED Conversion Kit (RED)

Future mods coming soon: kooks 1 7/8 LT's / PFADT Stage 3 performance kit /Powder coat rims (Gloss Black)
BLACOWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
MIQ
A Dichotomy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
I installed Eibachs but used the Pfadt instructions. No problems at all. Just take your time and you'll be ok. And make sure you have all the tools.

MIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
Make sure you get an alignment after you are done.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
+1

Very important
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
BLACOWT

Quote:
CHECK
-Solo HF Cats / Borla ATAK Catback / Black Powder CAI Inc. Intake / Black Heritage Grille / Wrapped in 5% tint all around / GTS Blackout Covers (Tail Lights) / Black Out Kit (side markers,reverse lights) / Bowtie Delete front and rear / Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels / Black GM Splash Guards / AAC LED Conversion Kit (RED)

Future mods coming soon: kooks 1 7/8 LT's / PFADT Stage 3 performance kit /Powder coat rims (Gloss Black)
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
chandler

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACOWT View Post
just ordered my PFDT lowering springs.....i am probably gunna do the install myself but it will be my first spring install .....

just wanted to hear from anyone who has gone the DIY method, and if u ran into any issues or difficult parts of the install to look out for ...

thanks
Hey BLACOWT,

PQ did a great video on a spring and swaybar install. I watched it the other day. I have been wanting to lower my car also and would rather do it myself and was looking for info. Go to search > advanced > search for user PQ > keywords PFADT VIDEO > start the search in the SUSPENSION/BRAKES/CHASSIS Forum. Should take you right to it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
GuidosCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS/RS MTX
Quote:
Did you use the alignment specs that came from PFADT or did you use factory specs. I just called for an alignment and they said they would only be able to use factory specs.
GuidosCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
"How To: Install Lowering Springs on 2010 Camaro"

I did it myself using this 'DIY' from "Planet Lsx", found it very helpful...good Luck!

http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To...010_Camaro/131
jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
BLACOWT

ya just saw the planet LSX instruc.....looks likes its not to bad of an install definitely manageable,.......chandler illl def check out the vid that would be even better....and imma go with the first set of alignment for even tire wear ....no need for track ready settings

Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 AM   #10
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
Im terrible with doing my own work. A good shop to look at is extreme motorsports in brentwood.
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:45 AM   #11
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Very simple, make sure you have a breaker bar and if you don't have one rent/borrow a good 1/2 drive torque wrench. I'd recommend either plasti wrapping your fenders or throw moving pad over them (Craftsman and other companies sell stuff for this) Nothing worse than screwing up your paint working on your car.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Like bigsquirrel just said, cover the fenders in the front. I still have a chip. lol

And also like he said, get a breaker bar. AND a pipe for leverage. The hardest part of this install, and I just did it again last week with my coilovers, is the bolts on the front.

But other than that, just put it back together the same way it came apart and you're golden.

Here is the unedited version so it's kinda long but could be helpful. There is NO good info in the first 2 and a half minutes. hahaha

Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Good tips guys..can't wait to do mine.1 other thing..timing the bushings , did you guys that installed your own springs do this ?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Good tips guys..can't wait to do mine.1 other thing..timing the bushings , did you guys that installed your own springs do this ?
I didn't learn about it till way later. But now that I did my coilovers, I will do it when I get it aligned.