Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
illuminated bowtie installed

pretty easy...used a panel tool to pry the OEM bowtie off...some googone for the glue....threaded all the wire in the car and placed bowtie on....had to add about 3 feet extra wire to run it to my headliner console toggle switches...me and chevy3 solidified the connections to the switches since i thought they were loose

why to a switch you ask?...oh those silly light laws...MA is anal when it comes to aftermarket lighting

ill drive with it on...if i see a threat...whack...hit the switch and kill the light....

...ran the 12v right to the battery...its amazing how easy it is to conceal wires in the new camaro...

special thanks to skillz512 for the bowtie and the lloyd mats he sold to me a week prior

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
wtf....i had them attached....

try this again...
Attached Images

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Awesome Chris,

Glad you got it working perfect and I'm glad you like both of the items. They were both brand new and I think I will get a bowtie one day when I can have AAC install it for me. And my new lloyd mats are on the way!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Oh yeah, that is very cool!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote