Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Nope.. today is day 10. Went to see her yesterday, all the seats and carpet are out. :( Maybe time to put some wiring harnessess in for future mods, if I keep her.

Any way.. looks like the trim shop that replaced my top screwed things up horribly. Dislodged both drain tubes which resulted in all water being diverted into the rear passenger compartment.

In addition, there is a special hand cut (so I'm told) water proof fabric that collects water and diverts water to the drain tubes. My detail may be a bit off .. but the gist of it is.. either the trim shop cut that fabric, or it's been cut wrong since day one. Either way, it's apparantly a special part that must be hand cut or some such... and now the status as per the service manager.. "we are supposed to call and check status of the part on Friday.

So, 5 days in shop for first replacement of top. Now 10 days with no committment as to when the part will be available.

I am seinding my 15 day letter to GM. What a shame.
Cam 62, I got my car back this afternoon, 10 days in the shop. My drain tube on the right side was kinked, which they say probably happened when the top was replaced, so they fixed it, did a water test and it still leaked. The next thing they checked was the water bag which was bad and they replaced it per TSB, did another water test and it still leaked. They ended up taking the right rear window panel out and found that the lower body seam had not been sealed so they fixed it did another water test and it still leaked so again they took off rear window panel and found that a top body seam also had not been sealed so they fixed that one, did a water test and thank God it didn't leak! New carpet they installed looks good, can't even tell it was replaced. Hopefully once they fix the water bag on your car it won't leak anymore! Keep us posted. So glad to have my baby back!!!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #30
rainey85

Quote:
I love the car too. I am not eager to part with it. A replacement car won't cut it. Blue is a requirement for me spending this kind of money for a top of the line sportscar. It will never be "new" again. Seats are out, carpet is out, small nicks that the previous trim shop made. I may be too picky but it is what it is. I had a hard enough time finding an IBM vert (new) in June, let alone now when IBM isn't even offered.

Just so disappointed with the whole experience. I've owned two used vettes and decided now is the time to complete a bucket list item. Apparantly my expectations were too high.

We'll see how it goes. I'm sending my 15 day letter tomorrow and take it from there.
Just wanted to let ya know that they are offering the IBM for the 2012 vert. Here is the link that shows the colors.
http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/byo/b...bytrim&pvc=121

Old 10-07-2011, 04:19 AM   #31
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Just wanted to let ya know that they are offering the IBM for the 2012 vert. Here is the link that shows the colors.
http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/byo/b...bytrim&pvc=121

I'll be darned. When did that happen? That's good news. So, a replacement car isn't out of the question. Thanks!!!
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #32
rainey85

Quote:
I'll be darned. When did that happen? That's good news. So, a replacement car isn't out of the question. Thanks!!!
You're welcome! Like you, if I were to get a replacement, I would want IBM again. I've only seen 1 other IBM here in Jax,

Old 10-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
Mandog

Drives: 2011 RJT 1LT Vert
I dropped mine off at the dealer Tuesday, as I was get over a gallon of water on the back floor whenever it rained hard. It took my dealer 6 weeks to get me in once I told them about it because they had to "research the problem".

I spoke to the service manager yesterday afternoon. They were pulling in a GM tech guy to look it over. He doesn't think it is the water management bag drain. He was talking about the gasket between the roof and the trunk. He said compared to a 2012 the gap was much larger. He mentioned replacing one of the roof ribs????

I stopped at the dealership on the way home and my interior was completely gutted. At least I know I will get a new carpet out of it, but I am REALLY weary about them messing with the top, seeing all the problems folks are have with replacement tops for the wear marks. I have intentionally held off on my wear marks \ roof replacement until I know they got the fix right.

Hopefully they will get the fix right the first time, I will not have top problems because they are messing with it and I don't have rattles because they completely pulled the interior out.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
Mandog

Well I have been driving my "Father's car" (rental Impala) for 10 days now. Service Manager told me I need a new #5 bow and water management bag. They got the bow and new carpet on order, but they can not locate a water management bag. Chevy engineer was out to help them and corporate has put out an "all points bulletin" for the bag.

They completely pulled the top off the car, so I hope it goes back together OK. Hope I don't have to lemon law it as the 12s do not have a color close to RJT.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
No leaks for me yet... only 1900 mi so far though.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Good to hear things are getting taken care of Mandog. Keep us updated on how things go for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #37
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Mandog, since the top is already of are they going to do the TSB to trim the brackets under the top. This seems to have worked with my top.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #38
Mandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Mandog, since the top is already of are they going to do the TSB to trim the brackets under the top. This seems to have worked with my top.
Thanks Nut. I'll bring that up to them.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
Fire65

Drives: 2011 2 LT RS Convertible
Had my car in the shop on Friday for the water leak. The shop tech told me that a drain hose worked itself loose and was the cause of the leak. They applied water proof adhesive and assured me that would fix the issue. I'm waiting for the next rain storm!
Fire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #40
Mandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire65 View Post
Had my car in the shop on Friday for the water leak. The shop tech told me that a drain hose worked itself loose and was the cause of the leak. They applied water proof adhesive and assured me that would fix the issue. I'm waiting for the next rain storm!
That's what I assumed mine was, but there were actually 2 holes the size of pencils in the corners of the water management bag. Those, along with not having a tight seal at the trunk was allowing a sh..load of water in whenever it was outside during a heavy rain. The holes must be from some type of wear as it did not leak when I first got the car, and I did have the bag looked at per GM bulletin when I first got it. Man I'm real sick of driving this Impala- It's turning my hair gray and I am getting urges to listen to Lawrence Welk!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #41
hutch49

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtye View Post
anyone got water on the passerger side rear floor

Have a leak passenger side where top and windshield meet, like a faucet turned on. At the dealer now, had the top replaced last week, didn't do a good job on the liner inside.
hutch49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #42
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Posted in another thread but I now have the dreaded interior flood. Tonights brief rain made me realize that my car has been sitting outside in the dealership parking lot for the last 2 weeks. Just came in from the garage and the rear floorboard passenger side is soaked. Another call to the dealership in the morning to get it noted.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote