Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Distressing Realizations

With more and more Camaro's on the street we are moving more away from Camaro enthusiast to simple "I have a car" owners.

Now I have no problem with people owning the camaro. In fact I like seeing the cars cruising the streets.

But these "I have a car" owners tend to not take care of thier cars. Case in point when I went to lunch today I spied a Bumble Bee RS I figured my Silver SS would look nice parked next to it. When I got out I was shocked how trashed out it was. Chunks missing from both front a back rims. (not scuffs but 3" x 1/2" chunks), scraps and swirl marks down the whole side, and some sort of white paste down both sides. I felt bad for the car.

On my way back out a guy walked up and opened the trunk. I said "You have good taste in cars." He turned and gave me one of those curled lip looks and then slammed the trunk. Since I was trying to be nice and seeing his action I asked if he had a problem. He said and I quote, "Its just a freaken car so piss off." And then slamed his door and went speeding off through the parking lot.
Right now I was kinda pissed but its hot outside so I let it go. Then in the distance I hear
RRRRRRRRRRR Craaaaaaaasssssshhhhhhhhhh
and I see some white smoke or something in the street. I get in my car and roll that way. Guess who it is? Yepp some how or another he went to pull into traffic and hit a pole in the median. I get out and go check on him. I get up to him and he's okay but his forehead and nose is bleeding. I asked him if he's ok. And he started crying like a little girl. I just shoke my head, "You know dude if you weren't rude then you might not have gotten in this wreck."

As I got back in the car I wondered if the camaro actually committed suicide to get away from this jerk-wad.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Caminsky

Drives: 2001 Z28 A4
Sounds like the guy was just having a crappy day and getting into a wreck was probably just icing on the cake. I doubt you talking about his car is really what set him off. He shouldn't have been an ass though, but who knows what was going on with the guy. That, or he is just nuts.
Caminsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caminsky View Post
Sounds like the guy was just having a crappy day and getting into a wreck was probably just icing on the cake. I doubt you talking about his car is really what set him off. He shouldn't have been an ass though, but who knows what was going on with the guy. That, or he is just nuts.
+1

I am glad the guy was OK though.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Sounds like the guy was just having a crappy day
An understatement. Major Issues and not with the OP.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
committed suicide...lol,, some people are just a$$holes.
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Karma for the attitude, but at the end of the day these are just cars to most people. It's been like that since 1967, just a way to get from point A to point B and nothing is going to change that.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
Caminsky

Drives: 2001 Z28 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
An understatement. Major Issues and not with the OP.
Like I said, or the guy was nuts. I'm sure most of us have had really crappy days (lost a job, someone close died, etc) where you just have a "screw the world attitude." Not saying it's right, but it happens. But yeah, OP did nothing wrong, just wrong place at the wrong time it seems.
Caminsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
As this guy demonstrated, the "I have a car" owners will be providing cheap spare parts for the rest of us for years to come.
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Those damn V6 owners.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Gah ya just never know what kind of day the guy was having. Meybe his wife just left him and took the vette...

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Guess Bumble Bee thought he was a Decepticon.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Future MDPilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
The guy was having a rough day and you made it worse.

If someone is acting in a slightly rash way towards you, it gives you no right to reply with the same attitude. If he says "It's just a car", you should know that something is wrong with him. Maybe he has a wife who wants him to rid of the car or rid her? Maybe it's garnering unwanted attention?

Long story short, he was a jerk to you, yes, but did you have the right to say what you said to him? The man crashed into a pole and you say that? Did you assist him out of the car, offer to consolidate him, make sure he called the police?

Sorry, nothing against you personally, it's just the response and your assumptions that angered me. It shows that he got to you and rather than be a citizen it made you into a snyde jerk IMHO.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Those damn V6 owners.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
what a dick! and i can't believe that he actually shed tears at you!
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote