Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
SS Brakes on V6

I want to put SS brakes on my Camaro but Im not exactly sure what the process is to make them compatible with the V6, can any one chime in on what steps need to be taken.
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
I want to put SS brakes on my Camaro but Im not exactly sure what the process is to make them compatible with the V6, can any one chime in on what steps need to be taken.
Its very simple, they bolt right on. I have a set on mine. Just removed the V6 lines, calipers, and rotors. Then trim the rear dust shield on both sides by 5/8 inch. Then bolt up the SS rotors, calipers and lines. Bleed the brakes and enjoy!
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

thanks, guess ill pull the trigger now
Old 06-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Its very simple, they bolt right on. I have a set on mine. Just removed the V6 lines, calipers, and rotors. Then trim the rear dust shield on both sides by 5/8 inch. Then bolt up the SS rotors, calipers and lines. Bleed the brakes and enjoy!
Couldn't have put it better.

Direct replacement Baby.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Don't forget you have to have the 20" wheels.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Where are you going to get yours? I've been looking around myself but can't seem to find the calipers anywhere.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Every thing is just this easy, get them powder coated or painted first for the bright look behind the 20" wheels. Make sure you have the upgraded RS package wheels if not utoh....

I thought I saw you had the RS package so you should be good.

Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Don't forget you have to have the 20" wheels.
Actually with the right offset the SS brakes will clear 18" and 19" wheels, I think there's someone one here that even managed to get 17" over some but that was for a strip set up. There are definitely members here that have 18" over their Brembos though
Old 06-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
Actually with the right offset the SS brakes will clear 18" and 19" wheels, I think there's someone one here that even managed to get 17" over some but that was for a strip set up. There are definitely members here that have 18" over their Brembos though
Yes, the problem with the brembos is that they are very wide and hit the spokes on smaller wheels. But the right offset smaller sizes with fit.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
I know, I have 18" F14s on mine. I meant if they had the stock 18" or 19" wheels.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Every thing is just this easy, get them powder coated or painted first for the bright look behind the 20" wheels. Make sure you have the upgraded RS package wheels if not utoh....

I thought I saw you had the RS package so you should be good.

Yea I have the RS package, Has anyone powdercoated it themselves im thinking about going that route.