Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #29
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Fronts are super easy, adjuster right on top.

The rears aren't bad. Reachable even at very low ride heights while laying on the ground.

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #30
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Interesting. I had tie rod wear on the stock setup. Anyway, I want this.

Pete, if your a Pedders dealer please PM me with the "secrete" price.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #31
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Pete is the President of the company.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #32
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
Interesting. I had tie rod wear on the stock setup. Anyway, I want this.

Pete, if your a Pedders dealer please PM me with the "secrete" price.
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACE+CAR

this is retail.... I am sure someone can help you out....
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #33
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Got a quote of $2K to install the Pace Car package (official Pedders dealer)- install, alignment, corner balance.
I'm in California - but this sounds pretty pricey doesn't it?
stros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stros View Post
Got a quote of $2K to install the Pace Car package (official Pedders dealer)- install, alignment, corner balance.
That is does. What is the shop flat rate and where in CA are you?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Pete (or anyone else who has installed the HD radius rod bushings) - is there any more noise from the HD bushings vs. the standard ones?
I have the HD radius rod inserts on my car and drive it every day...

I put them on after all the other suspension mods and still noticed a difference in steering/front end stability.

even with all the parts I bought for my car... I have minimal road noise... and my exhaust is pretty quiet with chambered mufflers. so it's my engine noise doesn't hide the road noise as much as others.

I have noticed a little more vibration/feedback in the steering wheel... but I see that as a good thing. feels much more connected to the road.

Quote:
If you are looking to get your stuff installed in CA... and are even remotely close, I'd go with Haddad. He is awesome and long time pedders dealer.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
stros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sorry I'm in NorCal (south bay area)...so Haddad isn't an option. Pete - I'll PM you directly about who I contacted as it's one of your dealers. Not sure what their shop rate is.
stros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #37
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
I was wondering why this note:
GMPP Note: This product is intended for use on racing and / or off road vehicles and is not authorized for use on street vehicles.
Was looking at this a few days ago and now I am scratching my head, GMPP says off road, Pedders and Camaro5 users say great for their cars?????????????
Why the comment by GMPP??????????

with that said, I live north of Pittsburgh, who are the installers within say 100 miles? Could have Tom Henry Chevrolet do it but don't know their experience, although they have done 50+ THR Camaro's.

Last edited by 1camaro70; 08-01-2011 at 07:02 PM.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #38
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
GMPP Note: This product is intended for use on racing and / or off road vehicles and is not authorized for use on street vehicles.
Was looking at this a few days ago and now I am scratching my head, GMPP says off road, Pedders and Camaro5 users say great for their cars?????????????

with that said, I live north of Pittsburgh, who are the installers within say 100 miles? Could have Tom Henry Chevrolet do it but don't know their experience, although they have done 50+ THR Camaro's.
Lawyers....... depending on your syle of driving, it will help you.... if you are a road course kinda of racing (track) then you will like it. If you like drifting, then you want a different sway bar set-up.... Pedders can help you there as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #39
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Are there any other pieces that should be added to pace car package?
alignment kit?
bolt on RLCA?
other bushings?
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

Tom Henry is AWESOME!.

His guys are very good and not your normal shop. they do all their installs in house. the only thing they send out is the dyno tunes.

I'm sure THR can get you sorted out.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #41
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Are there any other pieces that should be added to pace car package?
alignment kit?
bolt on RLCA?
other bushings?
I am sure pete, richj, wretched, etc will chime in, but it all depends on what you plan on doing with your car and how aggressive you want to be with it.

I did my first road course track day last year at mid-ohio with only lowering springs and I thought the car handled and performed great. look at my album for pics from last year, or go to www.youtube.com/user/tlstwin to see video from last year. I think Heinzd01 was bone stock on everything.

I plan on doing 2 track days this year and a few next year, so I wanted to prepare for that.

despite all the complaining you hear about how the camaro needs this or that, GM did a great job with this car and handled great on the track at triple digit speeds
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #42
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:

GM has been reluctant to license moving parts products that were designed and manufactured out side GM. That means a typical GMPP part has been more decorative than functional for vehicles in current production. If you look at the Pedders list of GMPP parts, you'll find that the GTO, G8, Cobalt, Sky, G5, HHR and others are sold without the disclaimer even though they were licensed while the vehicles were still available new on dealer lots. On the Camaro, the decision makers were reluctant to sign off on performance modifications that really raise vehicle performance envelope. Pedders was the very first moving part to be approved for an introduction vehicle. We worked with the key people at GMPP for almost two years as we figured out how to do this. The disclaimer was the key. Using the disclaimer, GMPP will add to their offerings.

Having said that, installing Pedders GMPP parts on your Camaro does not void your vehicle warranty. It voids only the warranty on the parts that were replaced by Pedders. If your sub-frame bush insert fails you call Pedders and it will be covered. If you install a Pedders Pace Car Package on your brand new Camaro and at 2k the tie rod end fails I would expect GM to replace it under warranty because there is nothing that would cause a failure that soon out side of a manufacturing defect. If your tie rod end goes out at 35k the case for GM warranty is not so clear. Having a GMPP part installed, even GMPP parts with a disclaimer, come with a built in home field advantage when it comes to warranty. Between Pedders and Chevrolet you should be driving worry free on a Pace Car Package.

Cliff Cohen and Dr. Meyer are working very hard to expand the GMPP offerings and do so with less restrictions. I would like to publicly thank them for choosing Pedders as a partner to create the process for adding more GMPP partners.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote