Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #141
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
I ****ING QUIT

Bowled a 147-108-76..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #142
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
What happened this time ???
Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #143
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 10-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #144
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
What happened this time ???
I wish i knew....The team i was playing was very good, all had over 200 avg's. they all said my form is fine but all agreed that my ball was too big, the ball i use is a 14lb hand me down from my brother so the finger holes are too big, according to them, maybe thats why i have no feeling in my middle two fingers after i bowl....All i know is its not fun anymore and its getting really frustrating.

my avg, before this game was 121, so the first game wasnt bad but the last two i should have used a beach ball to bowl with.

From here i might go get a new ball, made to fit me, but if i suck after that then my new bowling ball is getting thrown through the front windows of the bowling alley
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #145
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
I wish i knew....The team i was playing was very good, all had over 200 avg's. they all said my form is fine but all agreed that my ball was too big, the ball i use is a 14lb hand me down from my brother so the finger holes are too big, according to them, maybe thats why i have no feeling in my middle two fingers after i bowl....All i know is its not fun anymore and its getting really frustrating.

my avg, before this game was 121, so the first game wasnt bad but the last two i should have used a beach ball to bowl with.

From here i might go get a new ball, made to fit me, but if i suck after that then my new bowling ball is getting thrown through the front windows of the bowling alley
I agree with them. If you have to squeez the ball with your fingers then the holes are to big. I can hold my ball hanging from only my thumb, by just bending my thumb slightly or only from my finger tips.

But 14lbs is too light. You need to have a ball properly drilled and 16 lbs.

I actually went to 15 from 16 because my ball was driving so hard but you'll want a 16 pound.

With a properly drilled ball you should be able to just squeez slightly with your hand (palm) to hold it securly and NOT your fingers.

But practice a bit with it. Might be weird at first.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #146
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I agree with them. If you have to squeez the ball with your fingers then the holes are to big. I can hold my ball hanging from only my thumb, by just bending my thumb slightly or only from my finger tips.

But 14lbs is too light. You need to have a ball properly drilled and 16 lbs.

I actually went to 15 from 16 because my ball was driving so hard but you'll want a 16 pound.

With a properly drilled ball you should be able to just squeez slightly with your hand (palm) to hold it securly and NOT your fingers.

But practice a bit with it. Might be weird at first.
cool thanks, Yea i have to really squeeze and i think thats what is killing my middle finger, its over flexing trying to hold onto the damn ball.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #147
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
cool thanks, Yea i have to really squeeze and i think thats what is killing my middle finger, its over flexing trying to hold onto the damn ball.
Not only will you be able to hold the ball with NO effort but you'll be able to release it at the same time more consistantly. Sounds like you are dropping it and pushing it right a lot or overcompensating the other way at times. Hard to let go the same way twice when you have to time a slipping ball.

When you get one drilled you will literaly be able to stand up and hold the ball to your side and let your hand go limp and the ball stay on your hand. Then drop of with a slight straightening of your wrist. You'll be amazed. No more worries with the ball slipping at all.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #148
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Quote:
Not only will you be able to hold the ball with NO effort but you'll be able to release it at the same time more consistantly. Sounds like you are dropping it and pushing it right a lot or overcompensating the other way at times. Hard to let go the same way twice when you have to time a slipping ball.

When you get one drilled you will literaly be able to stand up and hold the ball to your side and let your hand go limp and the ball stay on your hand. Then drop of with a slight straightening of your wrist. You'll be amazed. No more worries with the ball slipping at all.
Wow man, that makes alot of sense, forevery 5 balls thrown one is straight and the others are going either right or left and everytime after im trying to fix why it did that and its a loosing battle. I guess i go get a new ball and basically start over and practice with it before next week. I hope this solves my issues, but i have a hard time beliveing that a ball is the cause of me sucking....but we shall find out
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #149
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Wow man, that makes alot of sense, forevery 5 balls thrown one is straight and the others are going either right or left and everytime after im trying to fix why it did that and its a loosing battle. I guess i go get a new ball and basically start over and practice with it before next week. I hope this solves my issues, but i have a hard time beliveing that a ball is the cause of me sucking....but we shall find out
OH.... TRUST ME, in your case it's a HUGE part of it. For me it isn't because I already have my equipment drilled correctly.

DO NOT buy a new ball. Ask for a refilled one. You'll save a ton of money and end up with something that will do you every bit as good for now.

A new ball can run upwards of 250.00 drilled.

You should be able to get a refilled ball drilled for you for around 100.00 if the proshop guy is any good.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #150
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Quote:
OH.... TRUST ME, in your case it's a HUGE part of it. For me it isn't because I already have my equipment drilled correctly.

DO NOT buy a new ball. Ask for a refilled one. You'll save a ton of money and end up with something that will do you every bit as good for now.

A new ball can run upwards of 250.00 drilled.

You should be able to get a refilled ball drilled for you for around 100.00 if the proshop guy is any good.

Another option is to buy the ball from ebay. I have bought my last 3 balls and my sons 4 balls all BRAND NEW and NAME BRANDS for 50 - 100 bucks each shipped to the house. My guy at our bowling alley drills them up for me at 20 bucks each. This is a great alternative too.

I agree with PQ. Without a properly fitted ball you will never throw a consistent shot. Get one drilled for your hand and practice. You will be amazed at the difference.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #151
bee sting

I 2nd all the above . Only thing is 16 is a Heavy ball . Even on the Pro tour you my see maybe 2-3 pros using that heavy of a ball . I personally use a mid 15 lbs. drilled to just over 15 lbs . So in my opinion and with you Never using nothing but a 14 I'd go with a 15lb first .

Your Pro show sure have plenty of used ready to drill balls that will save you a ton of $$$ ! Being that you have never had a good performance ball I'd start there . He will it should watch you bowl 1st and suggest what you need to fit your game .

After you feel like your getting the hang of it you can look into a New ball . No need to waste money till your fitting properly and you know what your doing .

I also have bought over 20 balls on eBay . Not all for me but for friends as well.
Well that is my 2cents and good luck getting a New ball !
Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #152
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
I 2nd all the above . Only thing is 16 is a Heavy ball . Even on the Pro tour you my see maybe 2-3 pros using that heavy of a ball . I personally use a mid 15 lbs. drilled to just over 15 lbs . So in my opinion and with you Never using nothing but a 14 I'd go with a 15lb first .

Your Pro show sure have plenty of used ready to drill balls that will save you a ton of $$$ ! Being that you have never had a good performance ball I'd start there . He will it should watch you bowl 1st and suggest what you need to fit your game .

After you feel like your getting the hang of it you can look into a New ball . No need to waste money till your fitting properly and you know what your doing .

I also have bought over 20 balls on eBay . Not all for me but for friends as well.
Well that is my 2cents and good luck getting a New ball !

I agree with BEE. 16 lb. ball is OLD school. With todays technology even a good throw 13 lb ball (like my son does) can clear the deck almost as hard.

I too dropped from all 16's to all 15's.

Good luck and stay with it. Like anything else PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #153
PQ
Booooosted.

To all.

I said 16 for possible better pin action with a straight begginer.

It's always best to do it with a cheap ball. The E-Bay thing is pretty smart.

With Bonnie I had a cheap plastic ball drilled fingertip and tried to get her to a 5 step approach for more ball speed. (her ball speed was around 8mph)

5 step approach got it up to around 12 mph but she HATED the fingertip ball. It wasn't that she hated the ball but she hated the way she was going to have to bowl with it. She just couldn't grasp it and I am no coach. She's not very coachable anyway. Subconsciously stubborn and I had no patience.

Moral of the story, it's good that we didn't spend a ton on the ball.

TRC-SS, do it. Get a ball. You've been trying to adjust your aim on a changing release point that's different from throw to throw. Impossible to do consistantly. I can't wait till you throw one that fits. lol
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #154
bee sting

I can't Belive you cant tell Bonnie what to do . LOL
I gave up trying to help my wife bowl as well ! Must be a women thing !
It's very hard for people to convert to a finger tip ball after years of using a conventional grip. All I hear is " I feel like I am going to drop the ball ."
Keep US posted...