Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
DAVID12691

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro RS
Chevy true stories.

Has anyone else seen this video? Right now Chevy is making a few videos to celebrate their 100th centennial and this one is just awe inspiring. Ive watched it 5-6 times, its just THAT good. Although the car featured is an Impalla it it still really powerful and makes me think of my Camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...&v=bz-nO6WvOYw

I hope they do one for Camaro!
DAVID12691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Yeah its a GREAT video I watched it Monday this week and loved it!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that is an awesome Video
Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
Awesome
Old 11-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Okay, whose bright idea was it to cut those onions in a car commercial?
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
That video almost brought a tear to my eye when I saw it. Only a true car guy would recognize HIS old baby. He knew it was his old one on sight. This story brought back the memory of when I bought my '69 Cutlass, and I think if you have a story like this we should share it in this thread. I'll go first. Even though it's a different type of story than that of this man and his Impala, as a kid I always dreamed of owning a 69 Cutlass. Literally as a 4-5 year old I wanted one. Saw one at a car show at that age and felt a connection that only a child feels with something like that. Well when I got my drivers license I tried to find one but my dad told me no, it was too much car for a new driver. I found a 86 tuned port Camaro for my first which is why the Camaro has a special place in my heart as well. I wrecked that car in a very bad storm and got depressed at my loss even though it is just a car. One day looking through the paper I saw an ad in the classifieds that read '69 Olds Cutlass, original owner, 350/350 (motor/trans) 68k miles, $700. I did a reverse look up on the computer and went to the man's house, didn't even call. A deal like that comes along not very often and I had a feeling in my gut it was meant to be. He was 81 and it was his wifes car who had just recently passed. He told me that a guy offered $2000 over the phone 5 minutes before I showed up and he was going to hold it for him. Disappointed, I asked if it was ok if I just looked at it before I left and he agreed and walked me out back to his small barn, yes barn lol, and I set eyes on her. I just stood there staring and felt as if she was staring back. She had been sitting for 10 years. That connection I felt when I was a child returned and the man saw it. He looked at me and said do you have the cash on you? I showed it to him and he took it from my hand and passed me the keys. I looked at him in shock and asked why? He said he saw the same instant love for the car his wife had back in May of '69 when they bought her. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart and he told me she should fire with a new set of points and plugs. I came back that evening with a friend of my dad's since he was in FL for work at the time, and he installed the points for me, something I never experienced doing before 16 years old prior to getting the Cutlass. I didn't have the money for the plugs since I spent all the money I had on the car so I just hoped it would start, 16 year old pay for ya LOL. We put them on, poored some gas in the carb, put a new battery in, and I turned the key. She spun over strongfor a few seconds and then POOF, fire out of the carb LOL. I floored the throttle and the flame got sucked down in the carb and she came to life, and ran smooth as silk. One turn of the key affter 10 years. I was amazed and excited, and happy as anyone could be. I dropped her in to drive and went to pull her out of her place of rest for the first time and she wouldn't budge. I could tell she wanted to go but something was stopping her. I checked in front of the tires to make sure the wheels weren't blocked and they were clear. So I got back in and gave it more and more gas and felt her tensing up then BAM! She flew out of the barn like a bat out of hell and I slammed the brakes and she slid to a stop in the grass. Turns out her shoes rusted to the brake drums and that was the bang I heard from her shoes breaking the 10 year bond to the drums. I left two huge ruts inside the barn leading out that the man was not too happy about. I apologized and told him what happened and grabbed a shovel and filled them in. I was just happy cause I learned she had a posi that way LOL. He let me hose of the 10 years of build up and dust and she came out pretty clean from a simple hose down. We started to head for home and I heard my mom scream to get out of the car when we got to the stop sign. I got out and saw something glowing red under the car. Apparently a rat made a nest in the rusted out muffler and it caught fire, so I revved it a little and blew it all out. The drive home I was stricken with that permagrin you guys always talk about and even got my first race on the way home. I know it was a stupid thing to do to a car that had literally not run for a decade but I was 16 and didn't know any better. It was some douche in an LT1 camaro convertible and he made a comment about how my car smelled. It smelled pretty bad on the inside and I rode home with all the windows down and people in other cars gave me looks at lights LOL. I told him don't worry when the light turns green I'll be so far ahead of you that you wont smell it anymore. I floored it and we took off and I beat him! I thought to myself oh boy what a way to make a first impression on me LOL, and the car acted like it did things like that for a living, she didn't even break a sweat. My mom, who was following me home, was driving our white chevy 3/4 conversion van. The front end was black when we got home cause the cutlass blew all the build up of carbon out of her exhaust on that run. I got beat in the driveway and forced to wash the van, but I didn't care, I had my dream car.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #7
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Love it. Great kids to do that for thier dad.
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Great video
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #9
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Wow! :tear Makes me want to hunt down my old Z28.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
camaro boyeee
Mid-life Crisis

Drives: 2010 2LT RS ABM W/ WHITE STRIPES
That is absolutely the coolest.
camaro boyeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Amazing Story - Chevy true stories: My Dad's Car

It is no doubt the best commercial i have ever seen. Im only 18 years old and i am so lucky to my have camaro today. My parents are the best thing that happened to me. I hope one day i can repay my dad one day with his dream car!
dfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
jay rod

Drives: 10 camaro ss
That was a nice story.That guy must be a great dad for his kids to do that for him.
jay rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Wow awesome!
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
KnuckleBuster
A Virginia Drifter

Drives: Pick-um-up
That is great!!!!