Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
why must we fight among ourselves

Came across a post on another camaro forum and ill just say man these guys sound like some pr#@ks. Whats the big deal?? http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/v6...-cam-tune.html
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Sounds like a valid point to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
IMO having a ghost cam is like up badging your car ... Pointless
Old 11-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
thats like the stupid turbo exhaust whistles u can buy
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Haters gonna hate.
The cam thing is a dumb idea I agree. But some of the stuff posted there is uncalled for. Im glad I dont belong to that site. As a female I don't particulary like being called a whore. -_-
Too bad we can't just all get along......
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsa013 View Post
thats like the stupid turbo exhaust whistles u can buy
When I was 8, I had one of those things on my bicycle that would make revving sounds like a motorcycle when you twisted the 'throttle'.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Seems like a great group of guys.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It's because they have to put up with so many advertisements.

Then again, the thread was dead in June, why did you bring it up here and now?
I know the thread was dead. I was doing some searching on the ghost cam and came across it. I could care less about what anybody thinks about the ghost cam or any other thing out there. Lots of people think that modding a V6 is dumb. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. What I am saying is why do fellow camaro owners have to bash fellow camaro owners? One thing I like about this forum is the wealth of knowledge and how we all work together and help out each other. Calling other female owners whores...yea uncalled for. just saying
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
yea wut trooper said
chd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I don't know about the "ghost cam", but I do know how cam phasers work. I would think the "ghost cam" would have to tweak those phasers to do double, triple even quadruple the work to give the lope you're looking for. I don't understand doing this.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Our site rules here prohibit anyone from outwardly attacking a member for making less than tasteful decisions when modifying their vehicles. We are expected to show respect here, and I know that this policy frustrates some people. That's okay. A few frustrated people is a necessary tradeoff so that all of us can feel like one community, safe from arbitrary insult or hostile behavior.

All of that being said, if you're going to pay to make your car sound like it has a cam, please put a cam in there!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #12
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Our site rules here prohibit anyone from outwardly attacking a member for making less than tasteful decisions when modifying their vehicles. We are expected to show respect here, and I know that this policy frustrates some people. That's okay. A few frustrated people is a necessary tradeoff so that all of us can feel like one community, safe from arbitrary insult or hostile behavior.

All of that being said, if you're going to pay to make your car sound like it has a cam, please put a cam in there!
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #13
coolman

Back in the day guys used to turn the time back on their cars to make them sound cammed. It also made them run like crap. I assume the same can be said about ghost camming too.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Well said Blur