Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
kcsr6

Drives: 2011 Black LS3 2SS/RS
Funny Guy and his Ricer

So I'm taking my SS to my mom's last week to put it away for the Winter, when I roll up to a stoplight. I'm gonna turn left and I hear some guy revving his Fast and Furious Ricer that has more money in the exhaust then the car is worth. Anyway this guy keeps revving his engine and as i turn and go buy him I hit the gas and the rear end busts loose. Wonder how he felt when he heard 426 Horses burning the road and scream by his window?? Just wanted to share a funny story, I love this car!!
2011 2SS/RS, Torch Red Bow Ties, 5% Tint, Oracle Side Markers, Forgestar F14's, Pfadt lowering springs, Vararam Intake, VMax Throttle Body, Custom Grind Comp Cam 224/236 114, SLP Under Drive Pulley, Granatelli Wires, Kooks 1 7/8 LTH, Off-road pipes, 3" exhaust, Mike Norris Motorsports Tune 471 RWHP 449 RWTQ! Search for kcsr6 on YouTube for sound clips.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
lol. Beware of some of them cars. I raced a CRX one time. Looked stock and it looked like a pos. It smoked me and was boosting 18psi. When you come across one of them things with a turbo there nothing to mess with and you will learn to respect them a little bit more. But most are 90% stock....
Old 11-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
foreignl99

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
lol. Beware of some of them cars. I raced a CRX one time. Looked stock and it looked like a pos. It smoked me and was boosting 18psi. When you come across one of them things with a turbo there nothing to mess with and you will learn to respect them a little bit more. But most are 90% stock....
Most tuners with those big turbos won't be revving the car over and over at a stop light.

Also you can hear the spool on those cars.

You hear a spool on a pos hatchback that weighs 1,500lbs = be scared.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Even if the honda civics are faster because of a turbo they are still silly imo. I give props to the Honda S2000 roadster because I had one in Y2K and it was a bad ass compact sports car.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
a.j.hogan

Drives: 2010 black ss2
car

It's funny,i get the rev all the time when cruzing in the ss,But when i take the GN out for a ride they don't even look my way...I just love it
Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Funny you've mentioned this....I remember reading a ricer peep thread on another site about this guy you're referring too. Gotta be the same one you've dealt with.............. anywho's, He claims his dad owns a tire shop and he gets paid to go around town goating guy's in American muscle cars into burning their shoes down to slick thickness just so the tire shop sells more replacements. He says the economy sucks there and being creative like this has doubled his dads tire shops income...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-24-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
SSSugar
American Muscle Car Club

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Summit White/IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.j.hogan View Post
It's funny,i get the rev all the time when cruzing in the ss,But when i take the GN out for a ride they don't even look my way...I just love it
I get the same thing in my SS and then I take out my '72 Z and they also look the other way, LOL!!

1972 Camaro Z-28 (Baby), Haul Ass Orange w/black stripes, 350 crate motor, black powder coated wheels
License Plate: 2Cool Z

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Spice), Inferno Orange Metallic w/painted Summit White rally stripes, LS3 6-speed (HIS) License Plate: 2Cool SS

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Sugar), Summit White w/ painted Inferno Orange Metallic rally stripes, Inferno Orange interior, L99 automatic (HERS) License Plate: 1Kool SS
Old 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
I will never understand why anyone would want a ricer. If you want to mod a car, get an already-nice car, and make it even BETTER, dont get a peice of crap and throw parts on it. Muscle will always win. Even if you lose, you still drive a camaro. So you win.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
AieaboyHI

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT RS
Back in the day, and this was a long time ago.....I built up a 70' VW Bug, street legal that went mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. Basically, faster than my stock 6 banger that I'm driving now.....so yeah, it all depends what's under the hood (and in the tranny).
Old 11-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2129 View Post
Most are a joke but there are some monsters out there. When I was in the Army a couple of my buddies had some serious Civics. And that is coming from a guy that had a seriously modified 4th gen Camaro SS at the time. They dropped built Prelude engines in them and added turbos and nitrous. It was a lot of fun seeing jaws drop when we went to the strip.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Here is a 10 second POS looking ricer. LOL

Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Most are a joke but there are some monsters out there. When I was in the Army a couple of my buddies had some serious Civics. And that is coming from a guy that had a seriously modified 4th gen Camaro SS at the time. They dropped built Prelude engines in them and added turbos and nitrous. It was a lot of fun seeing jaws drop when we went to the strip.
It is just baffling to me that they dump that much money into a car that has millions just like it on the exterior and sound like s---.... instead of spending money to buy a cosmetically pleasing vehicle with a good bit of punch stock...

....then again, I bet a lot of vette guys say the same thing about me, but at least our car looks incredible.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
It is just baffling to me that they dump that much money into a car that has millions just like it on the exterior and sound like s---.... instead of spending money to buy a cosmetically pleasing vehicle with a good bit of punch stock...

....then again, I bet a lot of vette guys say the same thing about me, but at least our car looks incredible.
Bang for the buck. The cars and parts are dirt cheap. They can build a very fast car for relatively little money. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Do you good folks know the meaning of the term RICE? What's rice about that 10 second civic?
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Closed Thread