Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #155
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Unfortunately, if there is no blue, the only V8 i'll be driving will be a Mustang GT.
I may be going the same route, but not for the blue. You can get a Mustang GT ragtop for just a pittance more than a Camaro V6 ragtop. Plus not have to deal with the GM mentality. I was told by my caddy dealer that GM told them that they could not do any warranty work on a Camaro unless it was an 'emergency" . I don't take it to the Chevy dealer, because he can't be trusted. What was that GM said: take any GM car to any GM dealer for service? My Caddy dealer, who does great work, was more than a little miffed when told about that from GM.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #156
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Dodge wins the color war for interesting choices. Sorry GM.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #157
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
to all those who want imperial blue, there's no reason to go off an do something stupid (like buy a mustang)...just make me an offer.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #158
Classic-Chevy-Guy

Drives: 2024 Camaro LT and 2023 Corvette Z
When will the last order dates be published?
Classic-Chevy-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #159
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
to all those who want imperial blue, there's no reason to go off an do something stupid (like buy a mustang
Funny you would say that. One of the most interesting comments I got from a stranger was "How do you like the Ford blue on your Chevrolet!"
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #160
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts.........

We never like breaking 'bad news' - it's never our intention to upset our faithful. That said, there are times when we must.

Someone said "it's sad to see Imperial Blue Metallic go" - and they're correct.......and it was sad to see many colors go away --- over the past 100 years! I was one that loved Ash Gold in the 1968 model year. I hated that it was dropped for the 1969 model year (whoops...Fbodfather is showing his age once again.....) -- but the sun came up each day in 1969, and 1970, and 1971........and I found myself 'taken' by Fathom Green and Hugger Orange....and Garnet Red in the 1969 model year. I was sad to see Garnet Red go away-- but again, the sun came up in 1970 -- and I found Shadow Gray and Autumn Gold.................

It would be so much easier for the Camaro team (and perhaps you, the enthusiast) if we had a dedicated Camaro Plant..........we'd have more say in just about everything within the plant..........and we wouldn't have to negotiate with other brands that are built in Oshawa......

............the problem is that we HAD a dedicated Camaro (and Firebird) plant - and THAT didn't end well, now did it?

The Reality is that this industry continues to 'fragment' - meaning that there are more and more 'segments' -- and more and more 'nameplates' - so even if the size of the 'pie' (the total number of new cars and trucks sold each year) stayed the same, the slices (each nameplate's penetration into the market) get smaller. (and the pie got much smaller back in late 2007-- and it's not growing appreciably as of yet) Sooooo......because of this, it's vital that many assembly plants take on more than one carline.......because it's the only way we can make money on some cars and trucks. (we can't afford to build cars and trucks that we lose money on anymore.....that's one of the reasons why the Camaro -- and Firebird - went away for a while....)

In the case of Oshawa - we have two final assembly lines - that share a common paint shop. We build Camaros, Regals, Equini (that's plural for Equinox) and Impali. We will now be building the XTS at Oshawa as well.

We must preserve the 'traditional' Sport Car colors such as Victory Red, IOM, and Rally Yellow for the Camaro. The problem is that those colors would not be appropriate for the Equinox and the Regal and the Impala and the XTS. (altho we DO offer VR on Impala - but it's not a big seller...) So......we must work with our other Product Teams to negotiate colors that are acceptable -- and being that there are only so many paint lines available, we sometimes lose a color -- Someone asked 'well - what's it going to be replaced with' -- and I cannot answer that question other than to say that eventually it will be replaced. No - we are not getting a 'brand new' set of colors for 2013. Rather, as always, you will see a color go away and another come back..........

and when that happens we will upset some of you.

No matter what we do.

As I've said before - If I could suddenly wave a magic wand and provide THIRTY colors for the Camaro - we would still have some infuriated that I didn't include "Palomino Ivory" or "Tripoli Turquoise" or "Sequoia Green" or "Scottish Silver."

ha! I fooled you - there was no 'scottish silver' - I snuck that one in to see if you were paying attention......

The latest news to upset some happens to be Imperial Blue Metallic.

I happen to think it's stunning with Silver Stripes......and you are correct that the 'fire' in the paint on a sunny day is something to behold........

.........but the sun will come up in 2013 (God willin' and the creek don't rise - and some of the prophets are wrong about the world ending on 12/12/11.... )

I can tell you this with absolute certainty:
EVENTUALLY all of the colors will go away.........one at a time - replaced with something else. And each time one goes away, we will have those who will mourn the loss.

Again - none of us at Team Camaro want to upset you - but unfortunately it's simply in the nature of the Camaro - a nameplate that instills such passion and love.......

No - colors are not what makes a company go Bankrupt...........and no, the Team does not have its collective head up ........OK - I won't continue that response to an earlier post...........

What IS true: The Mighty ZL1 will be worth the wait - even if it's painted scotch plaid.................

Polo Green and Autumn Gold for 2013 please!!!! Do it!
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #161
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
color issue

I think this could be a chance for us to see just how much give a f**k gm actually has i think we should have a poll thread and choose a new color. to put the ball im their court we should choose from a list of colors they have on other vehicles.

......wait no scratch that all the other vehicles have less colors available. we wouldnt get a new color at all maybe a way better looking version of one we have but thats it.

btw dont go to the ford mustang site they are having a contest to see who can design the best looking mustank through their build your own page I submitted and SBA entry

forgive me fbodfather for i have sinned
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #162
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Pumped to see the new Blue....oh wait I said that out loud didn't I?

There's no way they go without a Blue. Id say be ready to see ABM v2.0 here shortly.

Any takers??
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #163
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Yeeeees finally, now less of them on the street, making the ones with IBM more rare and special.