Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #29
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad09 View Post
Hey guys sorry about the caps bad habit the performance is awsum more than enough
Way to have a great attitude! Welcome to the site (I'm a little late, but oh weel )Thats a beautiful car! Is that an SS badge on the Malibu?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #30
Ohio5thgen

Drives: c6 corvette

This is the one I want. It has the Classic package and the B5 blue is awesome. I am really torn about which car I like the most.
Ohio5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I agree, its a tough call.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #32
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Congrats on the new R/T! I was looking hard at them myself until I got a bad taste in my mouth from the Dodge dealer, who refused to let me drive either the R/T or SRT, and suggested I drive an SRT8 300, because, you know, those cars are so much alike. Jackass. Anyhow, I guess he didn't want to sell cars, but I wanted a Camaro anyway, and the SRT listed at forty grand.

Enjoy the car, and don't be a stranger just because it's a Camaro forum. Glad to have you even if you'[re walking :>
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #33
CommandoSS

Drives: 05 Chevy Avalanche, 67 Camaro
OP, how'd you manage not to get the front plate not put on? Have you been pulled over yet?
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 AM   #34
rennfield

Drives: '05 GTO,'05 GTO,'70 Nova SS
You have a nice ride!I just test drove an automatic R/T yesterday and have to say it wasn't what I was expecting.Not in a bad way,just different,it felt more like a big sporty coupe than a pony car.I've always been partial to GM vehicles but the new Challenger is so nice we're considering one ourselves.We like the ease of access entering the car,the five passenger seating,the roominess up front,the large trunk space and most of all the styling.This car is so right.I really like the rear end treatment,it looks tough.The gas cap is way cool.Clean spoiler treatment.The small rear license plate recess says this is an American car,screw the Euros with their stupid looking two feet wide tags.No issues at all with the exterior of this car,it's all good.The interior is very tastefully done,not too simple,not too bizarre.To be picky,I don't care for the huge plastic engine cover on the R/T but the rest of the engine compartment is neatly done.We're waiting to see the Camaro in person and I'll hold my final opinion on it until then as I have a feeling I'll like it more than I do in the photos.As of now it seems a bit overstyled for my taste and not as conservative as most classic GM cars have been done in the past.I'm probably wrong on that though.Right now the dash and instrument panel seem to be the major issues as it just looks so strange to me.That's something very important to me as you see that whenever you're driving.In pictures it just doesn't look right,like the dash gauges,stereo and console are from three different cars.It just doesn't seem to jive together. I remember not liking the '70 1/2 Camaro so much when it came out too,but that styling eventually grew on me.I have a feeling I'm going to be floored when I finally see one and say to myself "What the hell was I thinking about?"
rennfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #35
kylem4711

Drives: still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
I love the chally

If i was gonna get a challenger, i would immediately get plum crazy paint job done
i have seen a couple people do this. i think it looks awesome
kylem4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #36
kylem4711

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
why get it painted when it will be offered next spring
cause its not a for sure thing that that is going to happen.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 AM   #37
kylem4711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio5thgen View Post

This is the one I want. It has the Classic package and the B5 blue is awesome. I am really torn about which car I like the most.
well you better hurry and decide. they aren't building the b5's for long.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:47 AM   #38
kylem4711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
Congrats on the new R/T! I was looking hard at them myself until I got a bad taste in my mouth from the Dodge dealer, who refused to let me drive either the R/T or SRT, and suggested I drive an SRT8 300, because, you know, those cars are so much alike. Jackass. Anyhow, I guess he didn't want to sell cars, but I wanted a Camaro anyway, and the SRT listed at forty grand.

Enjoy the car, and don't be a stranger just because it's a Camaro forum. Glad to have you even if you'[re walking :>
ya man i hear you, some of the dealers are complete asses. seems like those are everywhere though. there are a couple good ones though. bob frederick is a good one though and everyone knows about him on the main challenger board.

After a lot of thinking though, i ended up going through bob to order my white chally that will by my hurst. i cant wait

i also cant wait to see the new camaros and chally's on the road. i still cant lie to myself and say i like the mustangs...
Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #39
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t

there's mine, shes no longer with me :-( will be back at the end of june though
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

.... Thanks for the pics! Super nice car. There are several in Monteal now and they all turn heads. Sweet rides I'm sure.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #41
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
they are, though i need more power hence why she wont come back till june :-)
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #42
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Congrats man! That's a very nice post! Good attitude to have very respectful!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote