Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
njmike

Drives: Inferno orange Vert
Convertible Camaro Thread is Depressing

This whole thread is filled with depressing stories of vert owners with problems
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Berryp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert RS A6
I know what you mean thats why i dont spend alot of time in this one. My top is getting replaced next week because it has problems but i still like my car. I dont plan on getting rid of the vehicle once the top ifixed........
Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
As is typical of the internets it's mostly the bad things you hear about, since the good stuff is just what we exected of our cars so only gets a passing "Horray"
I expected some first year glitches and Have a few, but overall I love the car and plan on keeping it for a long long long time.
I'm using it exactly as I thought I would when I ordered it, but my schedule and mother natures are not exactly matching up so I've got even less miles than I thought I would.
They're great cars, lots of fun to drive, but don't forget your sunscreen cause the permagrin when driving with the top down gives really funny sunburns.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Yes.Agreed.We only hear of the problems.I am sure not all are bad or have fewer problems than others.
I too expected some glitches as first year production and that is why I purchased the extended warranty with mine so that I am covered for many years.
Hopefully GM will have a permanent fix soon for the tops.
I have had not nearly the problems I have read on this forum.
When I am driving my vert, I have the largest permagrin on the planet.
I Just love my vert.
My wife says I spend more time with my vert than I do with her.
Thank goodness the vert is in winter storage and all peaceful on the homefront, but I must admit I now have a bad case of permafrown.
Come on Spring!!!!
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Tom_T

Drives: 2013 Convertible /2SS/RS/LS3
There might be some problems but this is the first year of the 'vert............They seem to be taking care of the problems in most cases. I refuse to let that bother my enjoyment, so far no problems except for the top wear and when they find the final solution I will get it fixed under warranty until then no worries..........I drive with the "top down".
I just want to get mine out of hibernation and hit the road again. Only two months left till Spring!
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I love my Vert!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Read this

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188651
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
I am expecting my vert next week (as it should ship tomorrow) so I would love to read more of the happy stories about the verts!!! I bet there are at least 20 threads on the top...we know the tops have had issues...is there anything good about the verts that people would like to share on the vert thread?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Hahaha, yeah, it seems that this area may sound depressing, but for the most part its not. Most people who have problems (even extensive problems) still love their car (I know I do. And its actually the WIFE'S car ).

My problems are minimal (rubs) but I sure do enjoy the vehicle
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I love my car to death. Just don't like having things fixed 1/3 of the time of ownership. I expect better quality while spending 40K on a brand new car. Mine is a 2012. These bugs should have been fixed before the new model year. Heck they even delayed it 1 year. What happened in that 1 year? Plus this car was designed to be a convertible. Don't get me wrong, this is the funnest Camaro I have ever owned. What gets lost is those of us with problems truly do love our cars. We are just not happy spending tons of money on them only to be in the shop. If you are content with rub marks and holes in your top and not bitching about them that is your choice.
A field rep was out to the dealer checking out the tops on the new 2012's and they cycled the tops on all of them. Said they are worse brand new on the show floor than mine was when I brought it in for my top replacement. What does that tell you about the quality of these cars. I have even been in email conversations with Jack Pantaleo the Camaro brand manager about it. If there were not any problems why is he emailing me back?
My rant is over. Merry Christmas everyone.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I love my car to death. Just don't like having things fixed 1/3 of the time of ownership. I expect better quality while spending 40K on a brand new car. Mine is a 2012. These bugs should have been fixed before the new model year. Heck they even delayed it 1 year. What happened in that 1 year? Plus this car was designed to be a convertible. Don't get me wrong, this is the funnest Camaro I have ever owned. What gets lost is those of us with problems truly do love our cars. We are just not happy spending tons of money on them only to be in the shop. If you are content with rub marks and holes in your top and not bitching about them that is your choice.
A field rep was out to the dealer checking out the tops on the new 2012's and they cycled the tops on all of them. Said they are worse brand new on the show floor than mine was when I brought it in for my top replacement. What does that tell you about the quality of these cars. I have even been in email conversations with Jack Pantaleo the Camaro brand manager about it. If there were not any problems why is he emailing me back?
My rant is over. Merry Christmas everyone.

Love the car, looks, drive, etc...hate the quality (or lack there of...)
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Love our vert. Love the quality. No issues with the top and it is a blast to drive. Everyone needs to remember that they are cloth top convertibles. They will always have small rub marks and wrinkles. Happens on every car that has a cloth top. Just put the top down, drive it and love it.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
Terrypm

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Convertible
Hopefully one day it will be straightened out.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Bee I hate to say it but your statement is BS. I sold my 69 Vert in 91 with the original top still on it and it looked and functioned like new. Granted the plastic window was clouded but that was to be expected. My cloth 95 Firebird top still looked like new when I sold it this May. No wrinkles, no rubs, no holes, nothing. Don't believe me? Here is a few pics before I sold it this spring. What say you now?
Attached Images

"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote