Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
The MBS headers work well. I had to dimple in the same spot that many have. Besides that, I love them.

Although, I do not believe that MBS will be carrying them again. He said that he wasnt selling enough of them. I think you next best bet would be OBX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
What about the headers? Did you ever do anything with them?
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #30
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Ok, so the bad news is that I ordered or received the wrong size. Even if i had the right size, i would'nt have installed it. It just looked off hooked up to my CAI. The color was just too grey. I'll post a picture up of it in contrast to my plain black one in a bit when i get some time.

I suggest that you look for some "carbon fiber" that is more black than grey.
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #31
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac2k2 View Post
Ok, so the bad news is that I ordered or received the wrong size. Even if i had the right size, i would'nt have installed it. It just looked off hooked up to my CAI. The color was just too grey. I'll post a picture up of it in contrast to my plain black one in a bit when i get some time.

I suggest that you look for some "carbon fiber" that is more black than grey.
Also picked one up. Ordered the 4" version since that's what my CAI calls for. The new one does not fit as snugly as the previous one, and is also nearly twice as wide as the previous one, and because of that, the fitment is a little iffy. I'm going to run it on mine for a week and see if any issues come up. So far there are no leak sounds, but because of how wide it is, the fitment is a little stretched (luckily the material is fairly flexible, so a little stretching shouldn't cause any issues). In the near future I'll try to cut it down to a more suitable size. Here's some pics of it installed.
Attached Images