Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Larz29

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3 cyber grey
Very upset and embarrassed forgestar customer

So I am a very upset forgestar customer tonight. Lets start with the basics. When I pay damn near $2k for wheels, you would think they could throw in a set of lug nuts!!! wtf?? Secondly, I find on a forum here that gorilla 14x1.5 lugs will fit, so that's what I bought. Personally, why wouldn't you sell the lugs with the wheels it makes no sense, so I have to play a guessing game - bullshit. So I brought my wheels and tires to the service dept, and these guys went above and beyond and stayed late, and just to find out the lock doesn't fit. This made what I had hoped as a good buying expeirence, to one where I'm having my wife drive me to autozone to see if they have smaller lugs, and they don't, to having the service place being forced to having my car stay overnight at the service dept, and they didn't want to but did. Grrr...!!! Ok, on my end maybe I should have tried them before hand, but why should I have to worry about that aspect? when you pay good money, you expect the whole aspect of th product, not just part of it. So people, do not buy gorilla lugs for your forgestar wheels, especially the 14x1.5 size!!!
Larz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't ever remember buying new wheels with lugs. Get over it because IMO its not fair you're trying to trash the forgestar name. Where did u buy the wheels?
flyinlow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Larz29

dude the problem is they couldn't even tell me with a guarantee what size lugs, and there is no brochure, or anything when you get the rims in the mail to say you will need x size lugs, bla, bla, bla... That's what I'm saying. Not trashing forgestar products, but damn tell me what the f I need without going on a witch hunt to find out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Fireman_af

Drives: 2019 2SS
Hear your frustration, but when ever I have had to buy wheels I have had to buy lugs. But it is easy to assume they come with. Hope everything works out with the wheels. Take it as a learning experience.
Fireman_af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Larz29

well shit I had lugs, but with forgestars, the opening is so small, that only a few brands will carry them!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Fireman_af

Drives: 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz29 View Post
dude the problem is they couldn't even tell me with a guarantee what size lugs, and there is no brochure, or anything when you get the rims in the mail to say you will need x size lugs, bla, bla, bla... That's what I'm saying. Not trashing forgestar products, but damn tell me what the f I need without going on a witch hunt to find out.
That's weird they couldn't tell you what size lugs.
Fireman_af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Larz29

well I my point is why should I have to even ask. For something as important as lug's, you would think there would be information saying "you need to use x lugs" or whatever.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
did you buy them from the wheel manufacturer itself. because EVERY rim i have bought u have to buy new lug nuts. they ONLY sell rims. so not sure to where they mislead you. even now if you go to certain websites they add it on by default lugnuts and tell u its at a special sale of 29.99(or whatever it is). but good luck though.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Larz29

but apparently lugs are not universal, even though they should be. since they are not universal, then why not advertise exactly what you need?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Larz29

whatever it's not like I can do anything about it other than bitch. The nice thing about this arena is you can get your point across.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Larz. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. The Camaro basically has truck stems on it. They are bigger. Probably because of the heavy pig factor.

I went through it as well. I assumed that either I could get lugs at a local store or the ones I had would fit.

No biggie. Just order them.

BUT, who did you buy them from? That's who you need to get the info from. I got mine from NineBall and as soon as I called him he told me what I need.

These lugs are NOT common. I even had an auto parts store there is no such thing.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
Larz29

Yep, and now after they took the sensors off my old tires, and already mounted my new tires, just to find this out. and my car is sitting at this place on one of their lifts, which they told me they get pretty busy during the day and would like my car gone by tomorrow. So goddam can anyone tell me why places like autozone don't carry all different size lugs? so I would love for someone to explain to me why forgestar wheels use such crazy small lug hole openings? makes no sense.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
All of the Forged wheels use the splined type lugs you need.

It is one of those things you just don't know till you buy this type of wheels.

This is obviously your first set of high end Forged wheels.

You need to go to a donk shop. You're not going to find them on the shelf at a typical auto parts store.

I had GTAHVIT here on the boards buy some at his local Discount Tire store and overnight them to me.

Who did you buy the wheels from?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
There is probably a lock that works, but the dimensions of the wheel lug openings would be needed. I'm surprised to hear the wheel manufacturer doesn't have that info. Need the seat type/shape/angle also.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote