Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
ONTimeAttack

Drives: Corvette
Announcing the 2012 Ontario Time Attack season

Ontario Time Attack 2012 season is just around the corner!

This year we are pleased to offer 10 championship events at 5 different race tracks:

Mosport International Raceway
Mosport DDT
Shannonville
Toronto Motorsports Park
…and the brand new Grand Bend Raceway!

The 2011 event format that provided open lapping in the morning and competition all afternoon proved a resounding success and will continue this year.

Feeling a little rusty? We have two fantastic schools run by certified instructors, at Mosport DDT and at the legendary Mosport International Raceway – come join us!

Visit our totally revamped website www.time-attack.ca for details on schedule, easy to follow registration steps, videos and much, much more! See you at the track!
ONTimeAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Now this sounds really interesting!!!
I noticed there are no 5th gen camaro's in the top 100.
Going fast is fun!!!
I'll probably be going to a few events.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
ONTimeAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
Now this sounds really interesting!!!
I noticed there are no 5th gen camaro's in the top 100.
Going fast is fun!!!
I'll probably be going to a few events.
We haven't had any 5th gen Camaros run the series yet. It would be great to see some hitting the track!

If you need the car added to the classification database (http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/BaseCarList.aspx) let us know on the CASC forum.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
stratman2SSRS

I just requested that the 2010 Camaro gets added to the list.
Hopefully some more will come to try it out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
stratman2SSRS

I tried to get my car listed for classification, but the email got bounced back for some reason??
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
ONTimeAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
I tried to get my car listed for classification, but the email got bounced back for some reason??
Yeah, they are having an issue with the email forwarding from that domain unfortunately.

The Camaro will get listed soon though. Probably in SGT3 (GT2 on street tires).
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
ONTimeAttack

Reminder: The only ASN/FIA sanctioned Time-Attack school in Canada running at Mosport Driver Development track on May 5-6. This school is designed for anyone interested in going fast on a race track in whatever car they want. We teach you how to do it well and how to do it safely.

The school is held over two days at the Mosport Driver Development Track. Students will get time on the track itself, the skidpad, a mock autocross course, as well as in the classroom to teach car control fundamentals.

Being able use all the grounds of the DDT for 2 days with certified instructors at the student's side makes this a great way to learn car control. $500 fee for 2 days, 2 lunches, dinner on Saturday and $50 off your first Mobil 1 Time-Attack event.

For details see www.time-attack.ca
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
ONTimeAttack

The CASC sanctioned Mobil 1 Ontario Time-Attack Series sponsored by Toyo Tires is coming to the Driver Development Track (DDT) at CTMP on May 26-27.

This will be the first full weekend of Time-Attack competition this year and this is the last week to register at the discount price. Walk-ins are still welcome but the price goes up.

Time-Attack events are now run with lapping all morning divided into 3 run groups; cars in classes GT1 and above, cars in GT2 and below, and a novice group where certified instructors are in the cars at all times. Timed competition runs are in the afternoon with the overall winner decided on PAX scores.

Check out http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25161 to get some comments about our recent school.

The organizing club (Oshawa Motorsport Club, OMSC) is willing to offer a weekend membership to those who do not belong to a CASC affiliated club and a $10 one weekend only CASC class C licence is available.

For more information see www.time-attack.ca