Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
AC problem

i wanted to see what you guys think,

its been around 110 here so obviously my AC is on all the time, well today I was out going to a few places today, AC worked fine on the way to the first place. Then I get in my car to drive to the next place and the AC is on almost full blast and its nothing but hot air, I let it run thinking it needs time to kick in but after a few minutes its still hot, so while driving I turn it off then a few seconds later turn it back on and now its kinda working, not super hot like it was but little cold. I go in the store and when I go to drive home now the AC is pretty cold, but not as cold as it was before and it doesnt seem to blow as hard.
has anything like this happened to any of you?

I did call 2 dealers to get it checked out, the first dealer was telling me to bring it in but they wouldnt get me a loaner car unless it was going to be overnight. well i work 2 jobs and have 2 kids so im extremely busy and cant just sit around the house waiting for a call lol, But luckily the second dealer I called told me to bring it in tommorow and they will get me set up with a loaner. And when I asked to make sure the loaner was covered by warrany he replied "ya we will stick it to GM " lol
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
CTUnlimited

Drives: 2010 2LT Auto
I had a similar AC problem last summer. At first I just noticed there was a ticking noise whether the car was on or off. I noticed a day or two later that when there was that ticking noise, the AC did not work at all. Like you said even on full blast it just shot out hot. The ticking sound would stop after anywhere from 10-45 min or if the car was shut off for awhile. When the noise stopped the AC worked fine again. I took it to the dealer, but it did not happen with them and they said if they can't recreate the problem then they can't fix it. Told me to take it back if it happens again. Hardly drove the car since and then it was winter so it hasn't happened. I guess I'll find out this summer.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS Supercharged A6
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
There is a recall for the AC software on some of our cars. Call your service department and tell them you'd like them to check for any recall work on your particular VIN. If your VIN is in the group, you just bring it in for a free BCM software update. Mine ran way colder after they did this update for me. Good luck!

Mods done before I got her:
Vortech V3 Supercharger, full exhaust, high flow cats, LTH, trailing arms, tow rods and anti-sway bars, window tint, body kit - I've since added Drag Radials

Mods Up Next:
Linelock, upgraded air filter, heat shield

Dyno 601 RWHP

8/20/2019 - Purchased from fellow CCOTR member, who purchased from another CCOTR member in 2015

Gone to a new home: Nadia-2014 2SS/RS A6 IBM

Gone to a new home: Eva-2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM Supercharged!
riki3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
i remember hearing about the ac recall and i think it was Becky posted about it, i gave her my vin and she said i was in the clear, if shes wrong that might be it. now does anybody know if the dealer flashes an update or something does it matter or effect my tune at all?
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote