Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #99
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Dont believe all the prison movies you see on TV...they simply are not true, especially in today's society.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #100
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
This is why I am gonna run for office... to toughen the laws. In this case, I'd give this guy to the families of the victims and let them have their way with him just short of death for the rest of his natural born life.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
I have said this for a long time. Let the womenfolk of the victims families have at him. If he can find mercy there, he's one lucky SOB. Just like that Joseph Duncan guy - he went around murdering kids for years, then got caught red-handed with one of them at a convenience store. He had already tortured and murdered her brother while she watched, and was grabbing a soda before he did her.
He should just have been shot. No, he's still going through trials and getting notoriety and air time. They do it to achieve that 15 minutes of fame. The media doesn't help.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #101
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Dont believe all the prison movies you see on TV...they simply are not true, especially in today's society.
My former HS chemistry teacher got locked up for sex crimes against minors, he had to be moved from the prison he was in because he got assaulted daily.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #102
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I have worked for the prison system for 20 + years.....years ago violence was much more common in the federal system but nowadays the violence has been curtailed a great deal....and the main reason is MONEY.

Each inmate is afforded the opportunity to serve his time without the threat of violence....meaning it is the staff's responsiblity to ensure their safety.....if you do not do everything to protect them then they sue you or civil rights violations and will win....Now it may mean putting the individual in protective custody, in segregation or even transferring them.

Does violence occur? Sure does, do people get killed? sure do...but 9 times out of ten it is a random thing...People who get locked up in high profile cases are treated with kid gloves.

Remember when Tim McVeigh was caught...they put him in bullet proof vest, had MANY staff around him to protect him........and trust me many people wanted him DEAD...same thing with 911 inmates.

My point is that prison is not the worst thing on earth even at life......Sometimes there are people who have done unspeakable things that no punishment given is good enough for them...Kinda like Sandusky..what are you really going to do to him?

It is really sad that victims get left in the shadows and the idiots who do this type of stuff are all over the news.......2 years from now people will hardly remember the victims, 10 yrs...you can forget about that because by then the newest shocking event wil come along.

I am sure there are some state institutions that are a little more violent and may be a little tougher but prison is prison.

I know from experience if an inmate complains enough about violence, even if it can not be proven then they are transferred.....and I know it may be hard to believe but inmates do lie about those things to try and manipulate their surroundings. Unfortunately it works sometimes.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #103
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
i have a ccw i would rather beat the shit out of someone who did that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #104
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Very tragic news indeed :(

Maybe it depends on the prison, but I know somebody that may or may not work in a prison who says that the guards might let the inmates do their own kind of justice. they basically say "oh look, we dropped something over here in the other direction."
Old 07-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #105
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
I think they should tie him up
And let all the family member that lost love ones take shoots at him

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
John Deere Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #106
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
I was at another theater in Denver. Luckily for me, the Aurora theater ran out of tickets faster or I very likely would have been there. I find myself very upset that this guy made it into the theater before any 911 calls were made. How does a man dressed in tactical gear, carrying an AR15, a shotgun, and two pistols, just waltz into a movie theater and make it all the way into the theater itself without anyone noticing and calling the cops?

My heart goes out to those hurt by this tragedy. I feel so lucky that none of my friends or family were there, at least as far as I know right now.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #107
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
I was at another theater in Denver. Luckily for me, the Aurora theater ran out of tickets faster or I very likely would have been there. I find myself very upset that this guy made it into the theater before any 911 calls were made. How does a man dressed in tactical gear, carrying an AR15, a shotgun, and two pistols, just waltz into a movie theater and make it all the way into the theater itself without anyone noticing and calling the cops?

My heart goes out to those hurt by this tragedy. I feel so lucky that none of my friends or family were there, at least as far as I know right now.
he went into the fire exit, that leads straight into one of the theatres.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #108
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:

We will probably learn more or correct facts later, but here's what I've read.

Apparently, the guy was in the theater, went out through the exit door in the front-right (by the screen) and propped it open. He geared up at his car, and came back into the theater through the propped open door.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #109
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
We will probably learn more or correct facts later, but here's what I've read.

Apparently, the guy was in the theater, went out through the exit door in the front-right (by the screen) and propped it open. He geared up at his car, and came back into the theater through the propped open door.
I was told he kicked the door open from the outside, but some of the stories are conflicting. Hard to keep facts straight after you experience something this terrible. Like you said, we will learn more soon enough.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #110
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
I was told he kicked the door open from the outside, but some of the stories are conflicting. Hard to keep facts straight after you experience something this terrible. Like you said, we will learn more soon enough.
Most stories report that he bought a ticket, exited (propped door open) geared up and came back. A picture online showed his car parked on the back/side of the theatre. Emergency exit doors by design open outward only. I've exited out of a few to avoid the crowd. You'd have to hit one with a car to get it to open in from the outside.

Either way, that's trivial. I didn't hear about it until lunch time. It's simply disgusting that these things happen. Even if someone was present with a concealed weapon he would have done little with what was reported to be a shooter armored nearly head to toe.

I hope that those injured and their families will be OK, and those with dead will get their family members back quickly so they can have some closure. Words can't describe what probably happened in there.

As for me, I'll stay locked and loaded and as aware as I can be of my surroundings. My main goal each day is to simply come home...just as those 12 (or 14) should have been allowed to do.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #111
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_ne..._casualties_at

Not sure how many but there were a few confirmed military deaths in the situation as well. It's sickening to see such a horrible thing happen to anyone civilian or military but to think these guys and girls go overseas and survive just to come home and be gunned down while trying to enjoy a movie with there family. Its heartbreaking. :( Hope the gunman gets a ticket into the express lane straight to the chair. Praying for all the families in Colorado.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #112
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
it's psychos like him that are the reason I carry concealed. Really wish we lived in a world where I didn't have to.... but pricks like this keep reinforcing it for me.