Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #113
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
I agree just want to see ZL1 or CTSV specific data logs!!!
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #114
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
I tracked my ZL1 this weekend around Firebird raceway, and it wasnt the air temps that were concerning me, though i see how that will give me more power. What concerned me was the oil temps. I had to be at 275 degrees to 280. That is what was worrying me. Any thoughts on how to solve that. It never gets that hot during regular driving.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #115
Matt @ RX

Hey guys just letting you know, we will be doing extensive data logs on the ZL and CTS-V's quite soon. Our new Mustang eddy load control dyno will be here within the next two weeks and this will give us plenty of log time.

I do have some video of it on ZL and CTS-V, but they are all for liquid temperatures, nothing with IAT2 on them.

Stay tuned!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #116
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
I tracked my ZL1 this weekend around Firebird raceway, and it wasnt the air temps that were concerning me, though i see how that will give me more power. What concerned me was the oil temps. I had to be at 275 degrees to 280. That is what was worrying me. Any thoughts on how to solve that. It never gets that hot during regular driving.
That's normal when at the roadcourse
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #117
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post

Not going to do any damage at that rate but... I recommend post 290+ you run a cool-down lap. By 300+ you should definitely be on a cool-down, and I'd recommend an oil change after the track weekend if it was sustained just to be safe.

The front of these cars have a LOT of items up there. There is a reason you do not see too many blower, especially top-mount, applications on the road course. I've had clients remove superchargers from vehicles when they get so far in depth with road racing and go with the big grunty torque monster N/A motor.

Not saying that the ZL1 isn't a GREAT track car, just saying if you want to track and run 25-30 minute + sessions, it you may want to look at aftermarket cooling, especially if ambient temp's are normally high.

- Matt
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #118
Betiwin

This! Once I can watch IAT2 in a few dyno runs back to back not get out of wack I think you will have another sale. One other question how sturdy is the valve that switches from chiller to heat exchanger? Is this up to a OEM reliability and standered? Years of trouble free operation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
Hey guys just letting you know, we will be doing extensive data logs on the ZL and CTS-V's quite soon. Our new Mustang eddy load control dyno will be here within the next two weeks and this will give us plenty of log time.

I do have some video of it on ZL and CTS-V, but they are all for liquid temperatures, nothing with IAT2 on them.

Stay tuned!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #119
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
Not going to do any damage at that rate but... I recommend post 290+ you run a cool-down lap. By 300+ you should definitely be on a cool-down, and I'd recommend an oil change after the track weekend if it was sustained just to be safe.

The front of these cars have a LOT of items up there. There is a reason you do not see too many blower, especially top-mount, applications on the road course. I've had clients remove superchargers from vehicles when they get so far in depth with road racing and go with the big grunty torque monster N/A motor.

Not saying that the ZL1 isn't a GREAT track car, just saying if you want to track and run 25-30 minute + sessions, it you may want to look at aftermarket cooling, especially if ambient temp's are normally high.

- Matt
By aftermarket cooling do you mean an oil cooler? And if so do you have any you recommend? By the way I believe you unit is my next mod.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #120
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
+1 with Betiwin - I would like to see a dyno video with the camera pointed at the laptop giving a constant IAT2 readout - then run the car through the gears under load. If this product can hold up to that, Im sold.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #121
Betiwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
+1 with Betiwin - I would like to see a dyno video with the camera pointed at the laptop giving a constant IAT2 readout - then run the car through the gears under load. If this product can hold up to that, Im sold.
^^^^^This Please^^^^ Couple runs.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #122
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
^^^^^This Please^^^^ Couple runs.

I can do that.. Also our new dyno will plot any OBD II reading to the dyno chart, it also has the Eddy load control. So I can simulate a real "over-the-road" test plotting IAT2s against the graph with chiller on and off.

All of our parts are OEM or better quality on the chillers. We also stand behind our products, I have no problem offering 5 year warranty on Chiller parts because we never have to warranty them!

Not a problem here, however, these numbers will not be available for 2-3 weeks.

- Matt
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #123
Betiwin

Matt, thanks and can't wait for numbers. I'm sure there will be a lot of orders (me included) with a lil more data. Do you recommend a resiviour tank in addition?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #124
Matt @ RX

Just a quick update guys... The dyno is slotted to leave tomorrow from Ohio, was backed up due to the storm. Once we have it implanted we will get you real results, plotted on the dyno and logs from HPT or EFILive.

We are the ones that can prove the results using our resources here!

No need for the additional reservoir tank, the water moves fast enough and the Chiller does its job with the current reservoir. However, down the line on a highly modified ZL1 the reservoir may add a huge benefit!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #125
Betiwin

Thanks awaiting dyno, looking forward to it!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #126
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
Thanks awaiting dyno, looking forward to it!

So are we! The dyno got delayed by two days because of the weather up north. Should be leaving out of Ohio tomorrow!