Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
yoomoogoo

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
So I took mine in to the dealer today. They had the technician drive it and he could not detect any shuddering. They told me it was fine. It clearly is not fine. The shuddering continues. Could use some help from Chev. Customer Service.
yoomoogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
hmmm...i have not noticed this...i will have to give this a try the next time i drive my car
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Hey guys sorry for the ignorance but what is shuttering. Im having something similar i guess. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241294

When your around 30-40 and you slightly press on the gas it downshifts and feels like it bangs. it feels hard like if its banging into something. Dealer claiming it is because of adaptive transmission shift. I asked them to reset it to see how it feeld.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
yoomoogoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
Hey guys sorry for the ignorance but what is shuttering. Im having something similar i guess. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241294

When your around 30-40 and you slightly press on the gas it downshifts and feels like it bangs. it feels hard like if its banging into something. Dealer claiming it is because of adaptive transmission shift. I asked them to reset it to see how it feeld.
Your car will feel like it is riding over rumble strips in the road. The car will feel like it is vibrating. It is not a noise or droning sound.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
k thanks.. then no i dont have that.. i just have a bang when it downshifts. Dont know who is in worst shape :(
Old 08-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
trganey

Drives: 1979 Z28-Retired, 2012 RS
I have the same symptoms with my 2012 V6 Auto.

Mine was/is the converter and will be changed on Wednesday of next week. We'll see how it goes
trganey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
bucketlist

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange RS Convertible
Unhappy

My 2012 2LT v6 is doing this. Took it to my Dealer last week. Got the old "unable to duplicate customer complaint, vehicle operating to manufacturers spec". Insisted on having a tech ride with me. Got it to do it slightly but he said he didnt think it was bad enough that GM would replace the torque converter. Actually told me to see if it gets worse. Just what you want to hear on a new car, "drive it and live with it till it gets so bad you cant stand it, then we might do something about it." Sounds to me like GM has a problem that they dont want to deal with at this time.
bucketlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketlist View Post
My 2012 2LT v6 is doing this. Took it to my Dealer last week. Got the old "unable to duplicate customer complaint, vehicle operating to manufacturers spec". Insisted on having a tech ride with me. Got it to do it slightly but he said he didnt think it was bad enough that GM would replace the torque converter. Actually told me to see if it gets worse. Just what you want to hear on a new car, "drive it and live with it till it gets so bad you cant stand it, then we might do something about it." Sounds to me like GM has a problem that they dont want to deal with at this time.
I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership, I would be glad to do more research on the issue you are experiencing!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #23
bucketlist

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange RS Convertible
Thanks Brandon, that would be awesome. Definitely a newbie here on the blog. Is there a way I can send you my personal data as a PM? Not sure how to do that.

Thanks,

Bucketlist
bucketlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
DALLEN260

Drives: 2012 IOM LS
Just thought I'd update you all. I took the car in to Jupiter Chevrolet and went straight to the service manager. I explained the problem and asked him to check for service bulletins. He found the document and sent a tech to diagnose with me driving. I duplicated the shuttering and while it was doing it, he commanded the torque converter off. The car immediatly smoothed out and no more shuttering. Long story short, the converter is going to be ordered and replaced. He did tell me that there has been a part number change so they are replacing with a different converter. I'll update again after it has been replaced......
DALLEN260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #25
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
my brothers lfx is having this issue

it was diagnosed to a torque converter..which is back ordered. he is having to wait 4-6 weeks for one.. which is unacceptable.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
DALLEN260

I won't be happy if they tell me I have to wait that long and I'm not sure I will want to continue driving it either. It can't be good on the rest of the drivetrain with all this shaking going on!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
DALLEN260

Well shit! It could be a week, ten days, or it could be a month! This is what my Service Advisor just told me....... :-(
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #28
yoomoogoo

update: the dealership did diagnose the shuddering problem as the torque converter as well. I'm told the part is on order and should be in in 3-5 days. I hope this solves the problem.