Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #57
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
dude I had this too, I never posted about this though. If you have a loud exhaust, does it sound like the sound is oscillating? I get pissed because I have to sort of gun it to get rid of it.

it mostly happens when going uphill right? thats when I get it
Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #58
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
dude I had this too, I never posted about this though. If you have a loud exhaust, does it sound like the sound is oscillating? I get pissed because I have to sort of gun it to get rid of it.

it mostly happens when going uphill right? thats when I get it
We apologize for your frustrations. Have you taken it to a dealership for a proper diagnosis?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #59
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We apologize for your frustrations. Have you taken it to a dealership for a proper diagnosis?

Brandon
No, it only happens every once in a while. I am the same kid with the catalytic converter issue that was just solved (I think) on the thread I made that you posted on. I was looking into getting an upgraded torque converter, will that solve the issue?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #60
Jpzero3

Drives: '12 Camaro 1LT RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
Count me in as well.
me too!!!
Jpzero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #61
Jpzero3

Drives: '12 Camaro 1LT RS package
the vibration during acceleration is happening to me too. I have a 2012, v6 could it even be the fuel or air filter? Or is that less likely than having the other problems listed?
Jpzero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #62
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
No, it only happens every once in a while. I am the same kid with the catalytic converter issue that was just solved (I think) on the thread I made that you posted on. I was looking into getting an upgraded torque converter, will that solve the issue?
We address every vehicle concern on a case by case basis and it is hard to say what will work without seeing the vehicle. This is why a dealership may be the best way to go to get this addressed as they are our eyes and ears, so to speak.

I can check your VIN to see if you have any applicable warranties. Also I need the mileage as well.

Brandon
Old 04-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #63
5GVroom

Drives: Black 2012 RS Convertible
2012 RS Rumble strip like vibration and heater core

My 2012 with just over 10k miles. (lots of rain and snow) has developed two issues.
  1. Heater Core has a vapor leak and fogs the window and creates a stink.
  2. Transmission has vibration like rumble strips at all gears all speeds especially when on an incline.
Chevy has it now and changed the cpu chip but had no effect and now they are replacing the torque converter. Once done they will replace the heater core (Windshield and dash removal).

In looking at this thread my question is what is the expectation going forward does this actually fix the issue or just get you our of warrantee by the time it fails again. My concern is that bad parts are bad parts and will ultimately fail again until their design or material failure is addressed.

My chevy dealer has been great no hassles issues there. My question is what is the experience of everyone who has gone through this been? Do I need to be concerned going forward? LOVE OUR RS Convertible!!!!
5GVroom is offline   Reply With Quote