Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
KOONS CHEVROLET/GMC/BUICK OF TYSONS CORNER, VA...SERIOUSLY, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!.

I'm simply filled with emotions right now as I type this at 10:28pm. Never in my life have I dealt with dealerships like this. I honestly don't even know where to start. It takes ALOT for me to get worked up and just completely frustrated. I have no where to vent other then here. I'm going to leave the Dealerships name out of this because I'm honestly not THAT GUY to bad mouth them. But this is what I will say...

THE STORY
I started online and located a local dealership(KOONS CHEVROLET/GMC/BUICK OF TYSONS CORNER, VA). I navigated through the dealership (KOONS CHEVROLET/GMC/BUICK OF TYSONS CORNER, VA) online and an online sales representative menu pops up. I click on it and started an online conversation. I told the salesman what I was looking for which was a Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE. He begins to tell me what I had been looking for doesn't exist, never made, etc. I send him an online link of a 1LE. He then tells me that is a concept vehicle and was never made into production. So at this point, Im a bit frustrated. I told him I will call him and rather talk on the phone then to type in an online message chat because clearly he doesn't know what I'm talking about. So I called him. The phone conversation lasted 2mins on the phone because this guy apparently knew he was right he then proceded to tell me he's been in the car business for 9 years, etc. I simply hung up the phone after the fact because clearly this guy knew more about the 1LE then I did and he had an attitude about the entire phone conversation. After that experience I was going to find business elsewhere(I attempted to contact BeckyD as well as look at more dealerships in the local area).

The following day at work, a get a call on my cell phone from a number I had no clue. I answered it, and it was the same dealership but a different salesman. He proceeded to ask me what went wrong, etc the day prior. I told him. The gentleman was very polite and said that he'd take care of me. He asked me what vehicle I was looking for, etc. As soon as I said 1LE, he knew what I was talking about. He asked me if it had the black hood wrap, and black rims? I said yes. He said "ohhh yeah, I know exactly what your talking about". So then, we moved from there. He asked me the color, the options, etc. I gave them the color which was Summit White and the following options: 1LE, RS Package, NPP Dual Mode and Mylink with Nav.

He told me he'd call me back to see if he could locate one. He calls back and he explains to me he found one BUT it has a Sunroof and does NOT have the Navigation I wanted. I thought about it, long and hard and said you know what, I'll take that one. He said, no problem all we need to do is get your trade in value for your vehicle. I told him since my car is a pretty decent distance away can you give me an approx value of the trade. He said yes, he got my VIN, miles, etc. I even sent him a few pictures. He came back with $24000 without seeing the vehicle assuming its never been in a crash, etc. I said i'm fully confident I could get atleast $26000. So he typed up some figures and came back with an amount I would need to get financied for. So to save time I called NavyFed, got a loan, which I was approved. So the next day I drive my vehicle to the dealership. On December 20th, 2012. We sit down, while my vehicle gets appraised, talked. After a few mintues they came back with $24000 figure saying thats the lowest they'd go. He looks at my sweatshirt and noticed it says "Toys for Tots". He asked if I was military I said, yes. Long story short, he ended up giving me $24,800 which we both agreed on. I told them I have the GM private offer for $1,000. They were going to give me GM preferred pricing, plus the $1500 in total rebates. So all was happy on both ends at that point. I felt better this time around then the first time. The only issue about this day was that I had to leave to go out of town the next day. He said no problem I gave him my check from NavyFed. Now since I was expecting to get higher then the $24,800 figure I had to actually come out of pocket $381 which would have been fine. They explained to me the vehicle would be here the following day, waiting for me to get back from out of town. I said ok. They took me to the back I filled out a buyers order, gave them my check, and got the reciept for the buyers order and said I'd finish the rest of the paperwork when I came back (which would have been today December 26th).

Now this dealership told me the 1LE would be in there possesion on the 21st. So when I called them, they said, the other dealership that had the car still has it but it'll be here before I get back. I said ok, and if they could send me some pictures since I only had 1 picture from the online website.

Now with that said, that brings us to today. I drove from out of town visiting family back home because I promised a fellow C5 member Monchy that I would sell him my IOM sidemarkers and AAC afterburner tail lights. After we swapped his stock for my aftermarket peices I was going to drive to the dealer and pick up my 1LE. So in the process of both of us swapping parts I call the dealership to see if the car is here, they tell me no. Then they begin to say the OTHER dealership that has the car won't give it up, etc. Now i'm pissed. I explain to them, that I have a buyers order for that car and my check which was loan specific is in your hands! All the salesman said was that its out of his hands and he doesn't know what to do? He then tells me that the dealership who has the 1LE has been giving them the run around since December 20th. I'm like, thats not my problem, you lead me on to believe that, that vehicle was mine. I applied for a loan, got approved, etc. Filled out paperwork, etc. Your telling me now when I'm suppose to go pick up the car that, the other dealership won't give it up?

So after Monchy leaves my house, I call the actual dealership who has the vehicle. I explain to them my situation and they tell me the same thing, that they've told the other dealership that they wouldn't give it up. They explained to me, that they aren't sure why a dealer would sell me a car that they do not have possesion of.At this point, I'm seriously confused, pissed, and do not know what to do. This is when I begin to think that, this isn't meant to be. So the gentlemen on the phone begins to tell me that, the 1LE are rare and they are selling for $5k above sticker, and that he is not swapping his to another dealer. So i'm like what do I gotta do, I have a loan which the other dealer has for that car on your lot. We did the numbers, etc. He says he needs me to come to the dealership for an appraisal. Now at this point, I'm like whatever this should be a done deal, the Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE is there, I'll go BACK to the original dealership that I was working with pick up my paperwork and check and go to the dealership that the 1LE is on.

Please keep in mind both of these dealerships are far in distance with traffic. So I stop by the original dealership pick up everything, then go to the actual dealership that has the car. I give them everything that I had including the buyers order, etc. They appraise my car for $21,100 and ask me if I ever been to Car Max? I said yes I have for a Jeep SRT8 that I had, and they didn't offer me no where near what a Dodge/Jeep dealer did for trade in, he said ok. Then he said the best they can do is $21,100. He said hes unsure how the other dealer gave me $24,800 for my car and they won't give me that. Then all of them are confused and just kept repeating that they can't believe the other dealership sold me car that they didn't physically have on there lot. He also kept repeating how they weren't going to swap the car with the other dealer.

So now its 11:11pm, I just got back from going to both dealerships this evening, I have to work tomorrow. My NavyFed account shows the new loan in the system and I make my first payment on Feb 10, 2012. I do not have the car, but I do have the buyers order. My IOM sidemarkers were taken off and sold, plus my AAC tail lights. I disconnected my amp/sub and already uninstalled that. I left some other stuff out that the dealership said and did to me but its pointless to add because it will come off like i'm bitching. All I wanted, was the 2SS/RS 1LE that I was promised and financied for. The trade value of $21,100 was by far the lowest figure I've gotten period. I even got a trade in from a Dodge dealer a few weeks ago and that was $23000, then another dealer in Manassas for $24000.

At this point I honestly don't know what to do. I really dont. I'm not the type of person to call Corporate GM but this is seriously messed up. First it started from the salesman telling me the 1LE didn't exist, to me filling out a buyers order, signed and completed, to not having the car I signed for. I was promised my vehicle would be here, they had my check and yet i'm sitting here with nothing. Now I have to call NavyFed to cancel my loan since I don't have the vehicle. The bonus cash of $500 is going to end at the end of the year, plus the GM private offer ends on 12/31/12. Truly amazing...

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
This really blows.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
Have the original dealer buy your car for the $24,800 and make a deal with the other dealer on the car.

I feel your pain though...
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootir View Post
Have the original dealer buy your car for the $24,800 and make a deal with the other dealer on the car.

I feel your pain though...
I thought about that scenario but I still owe on this car and its financied through NavyFed. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to apply the negativity on to the 1LE so the outstanding balance would get turned into another loan. Then me transfering tags wouldn't happen since the vehicle was sold and I will be liable to pay for the state tax in full. So that wouldn't be possible.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I thought about that scenario but I still owe on this car and its financied through NavyFed. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to apply the negativity on to the 1LE so the outstanding balance would get turned into another loan. Then me transfering tags wouldn't happen since the vehicle was sold and I will be liable to pay for the state tax in full. So that wouldn't be possible.
Talk to the other dealers GM. They can talk to the other dealer, take your car on trade for the 24,800 like normal apply the diff to the new car and sell it to the other dealer. It happens all the time. Back when I was in the car business we took an expensive bicycle in on trade as I knew someone that would buy it.

You are just gonna have to get everyone to get creative.
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
dealer trades are a b*tch to work with, I feel your pain, went thru it once myself. Never again, if the car isn't on the lot then I won't deal with the dealership.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
This is super messed up. I would call corporate ASAP. They would want to know if someone was selling cars they do not have and taking loans! To me they are the only ones who can make this right.
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootir View Post
Talk to the other dealers GM. They can talk to the other dealer, take your car on trade for the 24,800 like normal apply the diff to the new car and sell it to the other dealer. It happens all the time. Back when I was in the car business we took an expensive bicycle in on trade as I knew someone that would buy it.

You are just gonna have to get everyone to get creative.
Well apparently this was already happening from December 20-26th(I just didn't know about it). But both the dealers (KOONS CHEVROLET/GMC/BUICK OF TYSONS CORNER, VA) & (SPORT CHEVROLET, SILVER SPRINGS, MD) GM couldn't come to an agreement which leaves me out of the vehicle. So instead of going through the middle man I went through the dealer who had the vehicle and now they will only give me $21,100 for the trade meanwhile the other dealer gave me $24,800. The whole time I was there, I was being played not even knowing. I mean I don't know what went wrong between the 2 dealerships but that left me without the vehicle that I was told was mine. I have all the paperwork to prove it.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-10-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
This is super messed up. I would call corporate ASAP. They would want to know if someone was selling cars they do not have and taking loans! To me they are the only ones who can make this right.
I honestly thought about that, but I'm not even sure what that would actually solve other then to voice my frustration. After all this, I just want the car that I was TOLD was on its way and that I applied and signed for.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I honestly thought about that, but I'm not even sure what that would actually solve other then to voice my frustration. After all this, I just want the car that I was TOLD was on its way and that I applied and signed for.
Maybe tell the 1st dealership that they have to produce a similar car (or better) because you already signed for it. I would throw the word "lawsuit" in there once or twice as well. It may be bad for your credit score to keep filing and canceling loans and someone should have to pay for their mistake. Give them a reasonable amount of time to provide a new car (30 days?) and your trade in price will not change a cent!! It is really the 1st dealership that made the mistake and they should be the ones to fix it.
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would try Becky. I would also not deal with a dealership that doesn't have the car on the lot. In essence and my experiences almost all dealerships blow!! I have yet to find a decent one. My next purchase will be through Becky since I have heard nothing but good things about her and that dealership. Keep in mind I live 2000 miles away but if that's what it takes to find a good dealership I will make the drive!

Hey at least that didn't sell you a "new Camaro" that was wrecked and didn't disclose it to you!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I'm very sorry for what you're going through.With that said, I hope I can be a voice of reason. It is my honest opinion that you should drop the whole deal. None of it is going in your favor, especially if you're going in with negative equity on your existing vehicle.

I would recommend walking into the NavyFed ASAP and talk to your representative and let them know you were misrepresented with the facts and what recourse you have available. I would also look into contacting the State Attorney's office about your experience. If you can get this matter wiped clean, I would wait until Spring to try again because you could probably get a better deal for a '13 since it will be at MY end, you'll have more of your original loan payed off, and save a little more for a down payment.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #13
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
noobs (dealership)
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I understand the frustration due to all the hoops you had to jump through, but now you are ready to sell your current car and know the value. Put it on Autotrader and sell it for 26,000. In the mean time search Autotrader for 1LE's. Seem like since you settled on sunroof and no nav that you are in a rush which is never good for car purchases.

Find someone like Becky who has an allocation and order what you want. Those deals that expire at the end of the year normally pop right back up and are re-newed for the next year.

Good luck