Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
JulesTX

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Unhappy Screwed Over by both GM and Dealer! RESOLVED

My husband and I have been reading this board for months but not posting. We ordered a 2SS, victory red with white stripes on 11/17/08. Built the week of April 20th, VIN #6586, still sitting in Canada - expecting to ship any day.

Now my dealer tells me that due to financial trouble GM is refusing to send the car to them and is giving my car to another dealer in Missouri to sell. Invoice is already been sent to this dealer in MO. I have talked to this dealer who says GM randomly just informed them that they would be given this extra car to sell. They are waiting to receive the car any day. And they are planning to sell it for $5000 over MSRP.

My dealer says they are trying to get GM to reconsider and get the car shipped to another dealer here in Texas for me to pick up, but I can’t understand how they could just randomly give my special order car to another dealer to sell out from under me. I’ve been tracking this car for months and they gave me my VIN and everything. We are heartbroken!
JulesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Is your dealer being closed by GM?
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come. I hope this gets resolved.

Tom
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
JulesTX

It's not on the official closing list. But apparently they are having financial trouble - don't know how they got on GM bad side. They had two allocations, our has been built and the other one has not been pulled for production yet. We had a deal to buy at MSRP.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Sound like your dealer must owe GM $ and not GM's fault the the dealer can't pay their bills. Sucks all the way around. My original dealer was closing their doors, but between the local GM sales rep and the dealer they had are original order accepted by another dearer at MSRP. If you had a deposit I would get it back ASAP.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesTX View Post
It's not on the official closing list. But apparently they are having financial trouble - don't know how they got on GM bad side. They had two allocations, our has been built and the other one has not been pulled for production yet. We had a deal to buy at MSRP.
WOW. You told the MO dealer that was your car but they still refuse to give it to you at MSRP even though that's the deal you had with the previous dealer? I would talk to the management of that dealership because that's just a complete dickhole thing to do.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
WOW. You told the MO dealer that was your car but they still refuse to give it to you at MSRP even though that's the deal you had with the previous dealer? I would talk to the management of that dealership because that's just a complete dickhole thing to do.
couldn't have said it better myself lol
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
JulesTX

Yep! The MO Dealer (W-K GM in Sedalia, MO) has told us over the phone that the car is theirs to sell however they chose.

And I realize the local dealership must owe GM some money, but I've heard of others being able to get their car sent to another dealer for pickup. Why would GM just snap this car away from us, without even trying to work something out to the customer's benefit?

We have been loyal GM customers for 30+ years. This sucks!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Damion1213

Drives: 99 Camaro
Sounds to me like your dealer brokered that car to the other dealer. I would bet that GM has no knowledge of this transaction and I would make and effort to contact them to make sure. Your dealer being in financial trouble, they probably sold the car to the other dealer to make more money off it then selling it to you.
Damion1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
This is crazy .. I would think that it would go to another Texas dealer for you to pick up if GM and your dealer don't play nicely togther. I wonder if some regional rep can do anything?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
JulesTX

My husband is contacting GM through their customer service number this morning to see what they say.

Our dealer claims they are trying to get the regional rep to help change this. But so far no word.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
complete utter
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
If I were you, I'd contact GM customer support and figure out what the deal is. The car should be delivered to a local dealership for you to pick up. Maybe the dealership had a hand in doing this.. GM wouldn't (and shouldn't have) willingly done this knowing a person was expecting the car.

Call GM customer support.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Reading stuff like this just makes me:ma d0260::mad0260 ::mad 0260::pad dle::paddl e: :p addle:
Hope you are able to resolve this matter,but in reality this car has turned some people(dealers)into MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote