Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Funny Dealer Story

I went into a dealer today to get my RS badge on the front of my car replaced because the red is chipping. (Sorry, don't have a picture) This is a new dealer for me because I just moved to a different area. The service adviser comes and looks at my car and and proceeds to inform me that "I know we won't have this piece in stock because yours is a 45th anniversary."

I was so tempted to inform him that every RS has that on the front.

He then proceeds to ask what year is my car.
Ok, I'll cut him a little slack on this one for not knowing every single package, but he should have known about the RS badge. I know where I will never be taking my car again.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Be thankful that atleast he did'nt tell ya Sorry sir, I wished I could help you, but our dealerships parts department only stocks Chevrolet/GM parts" .................and then comment on how nice your Mustang is or worse tell you that his Uncle Carroll Shelby use to race one just like it 46 years ago.......................... lol

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 11-30-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
Ok, I'll cut him a little slack on this one for not knowing every single package, but he should have known about the RS badge. I know where I will never be taking my car again.
I'm not sure what the RS badge has to do with 'service', since before they do anything he's gonna call up the VIN on the computer. So I'd cut the service write a whole lot of slack. If the parts guy or body shop didn't know, that'd be different.

And if they replaced it for you because the red was chipping, be thankful it's not a Dodge dealer. 'Chrome' on my 2004 RAM 1500 was literally peeling off in about a week and they told me pound sand.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
Zorns

Drives: ?
I'm constantly amazed at how the dealers in my area seem so uneducated on the Camaro in general.
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Im surprised he didn't say "Nice GT you got there boy"
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
I know where I will never be taking my car again.
Glad you accept this as reality.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Soulrÿche

Drives: 2lt Camaro
heres one. i am looking at upgrading from a 6 to a 8 and figured.. what the heck.. 1le. the color is still up for debate. (she doesnt like iom. (and asking her to walk vs ride isnt a bright move)) (inner voice needs to shut up)!

so i go look at a CE and i tell the saleman, i am looking for a car with dual exhaust. he points to the mufflers and says, ya it has it. I was like, no the one that costs like 895 to the car cost. he goes, oh, we'll give this to you free.

thank god i didnt like the rim or that it wasnt a rs. the color was nice (IOM) and she still thinks black or white..
Soulrÿche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulrÿche View Post
heres one. i am looking at upgrading from a 6 to a 8 and figured.. what the heck.. 1le. the color is still up for debate. (she doesnt like iom. (and asking her to walk vs ride isnt a bright move)) (inner voice needs to shut up)!

so i go look at a CE and i tell the saleman, i am looking for a car with dual exhaust. he points to the mufflers and says, ya it has it. I was like, no the one that costs like 895 to the car cost. he goes, oh, we'll give this to you free.

thank god i didnt like the rim or that it wasnt a rs. the color was nice (IOM) and she still thinks black or white..

you weren't doing him any favors by calling it dual exhaust (that just means 2 pipes).

what you should have asked him for was dual-mode exhaust, and then he could have possibly helped you out.
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Soulrÿche

Drives: 2lt Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
you weren't doing him any favors by calling it dual exhaust (that just means 2 pipes).

what you should have asked him for was dual-mode exhaust, and then he could have possibly helped you out.
dont all camaros have 2 pipes? He should have asked not tried to sell me on something he wasnt sure. Thank god i knew what i wanted. althought free dual pipes wasnt a deal maker/breaker!

no worries. If you dont know how to sell me on what you have.. lol..

thabnks!
Soulrÿche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Xorak

his job isn't to know all the technical specs for every car on the lot off the top of his head. his job is to show you around, get keys, collect your info for the sales mgr/finance. basically just to do the legwork.

if you're a car enthusiast, you know LOTS more about cars in general than a salesman.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
his job isn't to know all the technical specs for every car on the lot off the top of his head. his job is to show you around, get keys, collect your info for the sales mgr/finance. basically just to do the legwork.

if you're a car enthusiast, you know LOTS more about cars in general than a salesman.
THE GUY wasn't a JO blow from down the street , the man WAS THE SERVICE ADVISER , really .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I actually had to educate the salesman on several aspects of the Camaro, was only the second time I had been next to one in person(this was march 2010), most of my knowledge was reading message boards and I knew the product better than he did. probably could have sold him a car while I was at it....LOL. Funnies part was when the salesman went throu the sctick where he shows me how to operate certain things in the car and I had to help him a couple times. LOL

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
There is no end to the ignorance of the sales staff. But when even the Sales Manager can't tell you what level Camaro you need to get in order to get a sun roof...happened to me...it is time to hot foot it to another dealer.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
Xorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
THE GUY wasn't a JO blow from down the street , the man WAS THE SERVICE ADVISER , really .
your first post said he was a salesman, now you're saying he's a service adviser. make up your mind.

service advisers know almost nothing about cars too. their job is to greet customers, write up the complaint/request for service, and mainly be the "face" of the dealership.