Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
CamaroKen

Drives: 2010 SIM SS
Ain't this a bummer

So here I am sitting at work outside smoking a cig, when I notice a SIM Camaro sitting right there in the parking lot. At first I think I am seeing things as I know I am the only one here at work that has one on order, so I walk over and sure enough it is a rental from the KC airport. We have visitors in town, and lucky bastard has rented one. Mine will hopefully be built this week or next, but I was hoping that mine would be the first one to park in the lot here at work, now people get to over his rental before mine gets here, at least mine will be the V8 not the V6. Looks good tho, but it also looks like it has been used a lot as well.
CamaroKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
CamaroKen

So I am talking with the engineer here at work that has the visitor with the Camaro, and he tells me that it has the V8, and I inform him that he is wrong that car has a V6. He tells me it hauls ass and it has to have a V8, so I go on and explain the difference between the two and that the V6 still has over 300hp, and that the V8 are 400 or better, and he flips. Said the renter got it up to 160mph on his way here. Engineer was dissappointed that he could not get the wheels to spin, so I had to tell him it is made to leave the others on the line as we are hauling ass down the road.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Even ss only goes 155
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
CamaroKen

They say they are governed, but there is video of one of the first owners going over 155 on one of the Cali freeways, so it is possible to go faster than the 155.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Did you show him how to put it in sport mode?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Even ss only goes 155
no one has tested that yet though. so you never know
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
CamaroKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
nope, I have been busy back here in the back of the plant, and the engineer was only testing it out, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I will show him when I get mine, or maybe when his visitor comes back, as he left for a little while, and if I have the time, I will go over it with him to see if they can do it.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I know I shouldn't complain. I know I'm only an early march preorder and there are still October guys that still don't have their cars, but it tweaks me that I can go to my local airport and rent a new Camaro while I'm still at 3000. I know GM needs the cash flow, but WTF -A RENTAL CAR COMPANY! Is there any justice in this? End of rant.
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
My father just came back from the airport and said that he saw at least 10 of them driving around.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
CamaroKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANMADE View Post
I know I shouldn't complain. I know I'm only an early march preorder and there are still October guys that still don't have their cars, but it tweaks me that I can go to my local airport and rent a new Camaro while I'm still at 3000. I know GM needs the cash flow, but WTF -A RENTAL CAR COMPANY! Is there any justice in this? End of rant.
That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it in the parking lot. It makes me want mine all the more.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #11
CamaroKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Actually, he was using the tap shifters, but he did not realize he had to put it in 1st gear.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
If someone was going an indicated 160 mph then I seriously doubt the speedometer was a calibrated one (such as those found in a Ploice Cruiser). These cars are electronically limited to 155.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANMADE View Post
It's business. You bought one Camaro. Avis must have bought hundreds. A buyer has a lot of leverage with a deal like that.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #14
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKen View Post
So here I am sitting at work outside smoking a cig, when I notice a SIM Camaro sitting right there in the parking lot. At first I think I am seeing things as I know I am the only one here at work that has one on order, so I walk over and sure enough it is a rental from the KC airport. We have visitors in town, and lucky bastard has rented one. Mine will hopefully be built this week or next, but I was hoping that mine would be the first one to park in the lot here at work, now people get to over his rental before mine gets here, at least mine will be the V8 not the V6. Looks good tho, but it also looks like it has been used a lot as well.
Hey, it's not "JUST A V6"!!!, as the "Renter" thought it was a V8!!!...
The V6 is still a "ROCKETSHIP"!!!!...
Tired of everyone with a V8 "dissing" the V6
Don't knock it 'till you try it!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote