Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
Katzkin Leather Seats

My 1SS just seems "too dark" inside with virtually everything being a dark color.

I've seen many Chevy SSRs (I've been in the SSR world for the last several years) with Katzkin leather seats that looked great. I started my Katzkin leather seat quest a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Katzkin and they put me in contact with Dealer Works Inc.com (Rancho Cordova, CA). That company only sells to dealerships so I had to get my selling dealership involved (what a pain!).

I selected my seat colors (Dark Graphite [sides/bolsters] with Ice Grey centers [perforated]). I'm having the leather seats installed on 7/1 & 7/2.

My SIM Camaro has a black stripe kit. The color choices for the leather should help continue the color them into the car and brighten it up a bit.

I'll take some before/after shots and post them here.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I believe a member has had these installed already.

Do a search for "Katie's Camaro" and a thread with her car with Katzkin leather seats should pop up.

EDIT:

Here ya go:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...tie%27s+Camaro
Old 06-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
And being the person that arranged that install - I can tell you I would PERSONALLY recommend them. They did an OUTSTANDING job on the interior!

You can contact them for a vendor near you at www.katzkin.com
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Katzkin is a good company and they have been around for a while.

We at DSVcustoms is also working on seats. Mine should be done this week.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
shiftz33

I had read through the two threads (Katie's and the Katzkin). In fact the local installer has the red leather kit in stock similar to the one that's in Katie's Camaro (red leather instead of suede). That set was to go into the VR Camaro that was recently totaled (already posted in another thread) so that's why he had it in stock. The red just did not seem right in a SIM Camaro with black stripes.

My color selection is different from any that I've seen posted so far, so that's why I started this thread.

Being without my Camaro for two days during the install will be hardest part.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
Jozef

Drives: 2010 1LT Black on Black
Pricing

Any idea on the cost of charcoal with orange inlay?
Jozef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
shiftz33

The cost was the same no matter what color selection I made.

It was $1295 for the leather seats, $200 installation fee plus CA sales tax.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
shiftz33

Here's the before pictures

I called the installation company and confirmed that my leather seats are in their possession.

I'm dropping off the Camaro tomorrow morning. I think the next two days will be the "longest" two days of my recent life.....

I took pictures of the entire car and the interior to have a record of its "before" condition (just in case of any problems...)

So here are the boring "before" pictures
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
shiftz33

Pictures of the Katzkin Leather Dark Graphite / Ice Grey

Here are some pictures of the katzkin leather seats in dark graphite and ice grey (perforated) with ice grey stitching.

The kit (ICH23) includes the leather wrapping of the door inserts and the bar that runs the width of the dash as well. I had the dark graphite leather used for this since I didn't want the doors to look dirty after a while.

I didn't have the SS logo put into the headrests because it would have cost $100 ($50 per "SS") for GM logo licensing fee.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Looks nice how much did that cost you?
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Yamatr3

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Solstice LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
Looks nice how much did that cost you?
read post 7.

Looks nice!
Yamatr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Shiftz33,

Very nice vehicle, I think you made a good choice. I have been following this thread because I intend to customize my interior as well. I have a couple of questions:

1) What was the charge for the door panels and dash insert? The price for DSV customs was ridiculous!

2) Not bashing, but I notice in some spots in the pictures there are slight wrinkles, is this normal, and were you told they will smooth out over time?

Thanks.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
Yamatr3

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Solstice LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Shiftz33,

Very nice vehicle, I think you made a good choice. I have been following this thread because I intend to customize my interior as well. I have a couple of questions:

1) What was the charge for the door panels and dash insert? The price for DSV customs was ridiculous!

2) Not bashing, but I notice in some spots in the pictures there are slight wrinkles, is this normal, and were you told they will smooth out over time?

Thanks.
These guys are going to start doing Camaro stuff and are a bunch cheaper than DSV.

http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/catalog...3156be2e6f6daf

They did my Solstice interior.

Yamatr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
shiftz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Shiftz33,

Thanks.
The door panel and dash insert were part of the package price.

The wrinkles should smooth out over a short period of time, but I imagine there will be a few small ones (here and there). I'm a hefty boy so the driver's seat leather will be "used" well.