Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #99
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
I really believe if they have a problem that they know about that they will take care of it, but if the can prove abuse then your SOL.

That is the way it should be...I don't expect them to pay for my abuse nor should they.

I am a buisness person and own several of my own buisnesses myself. I understand completey. I want to keep GM in Buisness not put them out.

I already have my name in the hat for an 2011 Convertible and will Most likely buy a Z28 if and when they build them.

My reason for posting is purely for informative purposes only.

The end result has shown the GM is standing up for what they and I believe is a faulty part KUDOS to them for that.

They have done right and had it been from my abuse...something other than what has been happening to everyone else I would gladly pay the bill.

I Told the service manager that right up front....

I am not a free loader I don't want what I don't deserve and actually found the whole thing rather amusing even before I knew whether or not GM was picking up the tab. Never said one harsh word to anyone and never blamed anyone...Check my posts.

I accept full responsibility for my actions...I am a stamd up guy just trying to have a little fun in life While the rest of the world is in termoil.

life is to short to get all upset over stuff like this. Just nuts and Bolts.

As long as I am alive and healthy enough to play with my toys I am a happy Camper!

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #100
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaFord View Post
carguy

I must be having deja'vu or posts are being deleted from this thread.

Last night as I'm reading this, the next post after you indicated that your trans
was history, was by someone that said " isn't your Camaro supercharged "
and now thats gone along with 2-3 other posts with your 'waranty concern' about
the transmission even thought the Dealership is who did the blower install.

Further I now see you have a 'disclaimer' concerning the above.

Whats the deal. Let the flames begin.

Art
Dealer did do install..and they did me right in the end.
No gripes here.

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
Old 07-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #101
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here you go.

hope this will make people feel at ease (ME)

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...blem-is-fixed/
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #102
equus6

Drives: Jeep Liberty
I have to say, I am just a car guy wife, not a car guy, so I may be missing something or perhaps it makes me more objective, but the lack of information on when my husbands car is going to be delivered, or even what its status is other than general information, amazes me. In a world where I can send a letter and know exactly where it is and who has it any hour on the hour, I can't find out where a $40,000 car is and when we can expect it? What we are waiting on? Bad information is better than no information, if GM really has any interest in customer servce like they say they do, they really need to improve their information flow to customers. They need to read the book "A sense of urgency" if they want to compete in todays market. No offense to the folks who have set up this website and are giving us more information than the dealer, I certainly appreciate that. But seriously, if they don't really make some major changes in this day of instant information they are going to run into trouble. GM better really revamp and rethink their customer service plans, they are not off to a great start...
equus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:51 PM   #103
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
well when i got mine my sales guy was on top of it and told me exactly where and when its getting there. knew where the delivery truck was, what stops he made and est time (a day off or so) of arrival. I dont think it's GM but the dealer themselves.

You might want to ask your sales guy. From what i was told by my sales guy - they should know what deliveries are coming and have info on transit. I think the dealers not telling you because they know its not coming in soon and dont want to loose a sale. but thats MHO thats all
vinyljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #104
carguy
Carguy

I think this thread just got hi jacked

Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #105
carguy
Carguy

My dealer just told me that he has a customer car that has been built for over a month and hasn't been shipped because they don't have enough cars to load or fill a train car.
Evedently because of all the 6 speeds being held in QC.

Just what he said..They are usually pretty accurate.

Don't shoot the mesenger just repeating what i was told.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #106
carguy
Carguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by equus6 View Post
I have to say, I am just a car guy wife, not a car guy, so I may be missing something or perhaps it makes me more objective, but the lack of information on when my husbands car is going to be delivered, or even what its status is other than general information, amazes me. In a world where I can send a letter and know exactly where it is and who has it any hour on the hour, I can't find out where a $40,000 car is and when we can expect it? What we are waiting on? Bad information is better than no information, if GM really has any interest in customer servce like they say they do, they really need to improve their information flow to customers. They need to read the book "A sense of urgency" if they want to compete in todays market. No offense to the folks who have set up this website and are giving us more information than the dealer, I certainly appreciate that. But seriously, if they don't really make some major changes in this day of instant information they are going to run into trouble. GM better really revamp and rethink their customer service plans, they are not off to a great start...
You can track your car on this forum almost s well as your dealert in some cases better.Depending on your dealer.

If your dealer is comited to tracking event codes etc you can follow it through the entitre build process and once its shipped you can even track the rail car. All info available on this forum....

If all else fails keep hounding your dealer they can call DBC(dealer business center) and find out exactly where you care is and goive you an etimated TPW( targeted production week)

shipping varies depending on your location...but can be tracked.

first you need your order #

browse this forum and you will find what you need..you can always call the 1 800 useless number. Once in a while they can give you some info but not real reliable. Dealer is your best bet. they can find it if they want to

Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #107
nuptualnemesis
NuptualNemesis

Drives: Silver 1SS M6 - 480hp 11.57/120.79
Broken Transmission Output Shaft - My thoughts on competition mode

Broke my output shaft Sunday night. Vin 13782. Third or fourth launch in competition mode. Also made three or four with traction control and competition mode turned off between 2500 and 3500 rpm. I am afraid this is not limited to a certain batch of vehicles. 4200 rpm dumps too much energy into the drive train. I don't think ABS kicking in to limit wheel spin can help either. ABS is supposed to be less aggressive in competition mode. ABS may kick in too soon and be part of the problem. I think competition mode will break any drive train sooner or later.

This appears to be similar to the problem they had with the Nissan GT-R last year. They soon said use of launch mode on solid surface voids warranty. They said it was only for getting out of ice or slippery surface. This year they reduced rev limiter from around 4200 to 3200 rpm.

DON'T USE COMPETITION MODE. You don't need it. Turn it and traction control off by holding button down for seven seconds. Launch between 3000 and 3200 rpm by driving out. Don't dump clutch but don't slip it either. CAUTION: slipping the clutch will burn up the clutch. Let clutch out like taking off from a stop and press gas pedal like taking off from a stop, don't stomp it. This should be much easier on entire drive line and will help 60 foot times.

I love my car but I am holding on to my JD Powers new car survey to see how long this takes to be repaired. More than a week is too long. If you haven't returned your survey yet, you may want to hold onto it.

Sorry if you already read this elsewhere but broken transmissions are on three or four different threads. I really think competition mode is a needless mistake.

Last edited by nuptualnemesis; 08-05-2009 at 08:55 AM.
nuptualnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #108
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I'm pretty sure all you guys can stop using the "isolated incident" excuse now. people are paying for these things.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #109
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
has anyone that has had a broken tranny and replaced it tried to launch it again? maybe they should try and see if it breaks again......
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #110
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I think after people having it repaired they don't want to even try it, it will takes some balls to try it again lol then wait fotr the repair again etc...
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #111
orangeinfernoman

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ls3 iom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
I think after people having it repaired they don't want to even try it, it will takes some balls to try it again lol then wait fotr the repair again etc...
after you my friend
orangeinfernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #112
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Well...if you're going to launch it, probably best to do it "by-foot" from now on. At least until GM sorts things out. The power doesn't get dumped into the drivetrain and you can launch at a lower RPM.

Then again, why would you be launching at 4500rpm anyplace but the dragstrip ? (The occasional "spirited take-offs" from time to time are understandable but probably not at 4500rpm)?.

FWIW -- the EVO IX's are also known to burn clutches and bust t-cases on the strip. It was engineered so that the folks doing that crap all the time would have to replace clutches (being less expensive than trannies and t-cases). However with the higher HP numbers sometimes the other stuff still goes. Most owners have accepted the fact now that you gotta be prepared to pay if you wanna play.

Regardless of whether or not GM put the "feature" in...its still hard on the vehicle and could in fact be labeled as "abuse". It WILL make the parts break prematurely and that's to be expected. Once however is a problem unless you're pushing through a higher amount of power than the shaft was engineered to take.

So is the culprit still a metallurgy problem? Or has anything else surfaced from an engineering standpoint? What's the output shafts torque rating? Anyone know that?
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote