Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
92BlackRS

Drives: 1992 Camaro RS
Need Help With Rims And Tires

In the next few weeks I am looking at getting new rims and tires for my 92 RS. This will be the first time I ever put rims on a car. I really want to get Corvette rims for my car, I just havent decided which set to go with yet. Will I have any trouble with fitting them on my car or will some modifications have to be done to fit them on? Ill be honest I dont know much on the subject as far as rims go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
92BlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
3rdGenV6

Drives: 01 Lincoln LS V8
Just check the bolt battern of the rims you want and thebolt pattern on camaro should be 5x120.7 if yoi cant find the vette rims in that pattern you can always buy adapters to change the pattern
3rdGenV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
What year corvette/style of wheel you looking at?

I assume your looking at c5 and newer wheels. You will need 2" bolt on spacers all the way around or you can use a 4th gen rear end cause they are 2 " wider on both sides and are otherwise identical and then you will only need spacers in the front. As long as you use the bolt on spacers and not spacers that slip over the studs you will have no problems. You have to pull the wheels and check the torque on the spacers occasionally just to be safe, just like with any aluminum wheel.

I can't ever remember whether hub centric or lug centric spacers are better but here is a link that will give you all the info you could ever want on the idea.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/wh...eels-post.html

I'd go 18x9.5 up front for sure with a 275/35r18 tire. Either the same in the back if you autoX/RR or 18x10.5 with a 295 or 305 tire for street or drag racing. Do your research! Don't just go off this post alone. I am not an expert, Vette wheels are something I have been considering for my 92 RS as well. My concern is the strength of the reproduction wheels and if they will hold up to autoX/road racing.
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote