Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
anti-ricer

Drives: '13 Camaro SS, in the near future
Quick Insurance Question

Just a quick question on insurance. Currently my parents have two cars. If I got a Camaro I would be on their insurance. So three cars and three drivers. Would we all be considered primary drivers on all cars or will each of us be a primary driver for a certain car? Thanks.
anti-ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Primary Driver on certain cars. You would have to be listed as the primary driver of one of your parent's vehicles or the camaro.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Primary Driver on certain cars. You would have to be listed as the primary driver of one of your parent's vehicles or the camaro.
This. In my family we have 5 cars and 4 drivers. I'm listed as the primary driver on a cruze Eco since that is the car I Drive every day. My Camaro is listed as a weekend car with my dad as primary and me as secondary
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Just call your agent. I'm pretty sure insurance companies all work the same way when it comes to this but, you need to talk to an agent to be sure.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
xman

Drives: '11 Camaro SS/RS
Recently went through this with my son. The minute you add a camaro, or any other car, to the policy, even if you are the primary, it will affect the rates of the other drivers. The reason is there is no way for the insurance company to verify who actually drives it and when so they charge everyone. I made my son get his own policy when he was able and the savings was substantial.
xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Three cars here, two drivers....got my son "rated" for driving primarily the car worth the least...but he can drive any one of them as far as insurance goes, no problem...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote