Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Costco Auto Program

Has anyone used this program when purchasing a vehicle and what was your experience? How much did you save? And how much above dealer invoice?

Last edited by JTruck; 10-05-2013 at 03:46 PM.
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
From what I've read it's not near invoice. If I recall, it was Employee Pricing (or whatever they call it now) + a small fee for using the service.

Easy enough to go in and ask.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
JimE

Compare for yourself: http://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
fsrtwo

Drives: 2013 1Lt Conv, Blue
I used it along with Truecar. I entered in different zip codes to see what came up. I live in the MD area, so Baltimore, DC, Northern VA. A dealer responded with $2K under invoice plus the rebates. I was shocked. I was expecting invoice or a few hundred bellow.

I sat on the deal for a while because I thought the pricing was without freight and included rebates I did not qualify for, seems to be the game lately. Then I was up late one night on the Chevy website and saw they had a blue 1lt convt. I called the next day and found our the pricing was real. I was in shock, not only did I find the car I wanted (hard to find blue convt's) but it was $1500-$2000 less than I thought I would have to pay. The dealer was also great to deal with.

I buy a lot of cars, I like to negotiate, I have a good friend that has owned a dealership and managed a few others. He has taught me a few things. I feel like I let him down by not negotiating! He was even shocked when I told him what happened.

I did the same with my Silverado in 2011. I found a dealer willing to go 3k under using Truecar and Costco. The money isn't in sales, its in service, and dealers must sell so many cars to keep there franchise.
fsrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Subscribed!
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
JTruck

For those of you that were interested in this program, I thought I would let you know my experience...

The link that was posted above doesn't give you much information at all, even after submitting your info. You must submit your Costco ID# and contact information. It gives you the nearest dealership that participates in the program along with specific sales personnel that are certified to deal with the program.

I got a phone call the next day. The process is pretty stream line. There is a "Costco member exclusive" sheet they MUST show you. This sheet is pretty straight forward. It lists all 2014/2013 vehicles that Chevy sells, and the discount your receive. Some of them are below invoice, some are at invoice. The camaro is $800 BELOW dealer invoice! (This is different for a SS or vert. I believe the SS is $1000 below invoice off the top of my head.)

I'm getting a pretty good deal off of this program, a better deal than negotiating along with not having the hassle of the negotiating itself.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
JimE

Wow, good to know. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #8
metacam

Drives: 2014 camaro ss convertible
i've ordered a car via a car broker and the quote was 2k under msrp. sounds like the costco program might be better? i was told that i can back out of it any time before the deal is signed ( i guess thats after the car is delivered to the dealer)
so i guess it couldn't hurt to find out what the costco price is first. the costco dealer isn't the same one that the order was placed at. which may mean i would have to re order the car to get it to the costco dealer. anyone have insight on this?
metacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacam View Post
i've ordered a car via a car broker and the quote was 2k under msrp. sounds like the costco program might be better? i was told that i can back out of it any time before the deal is signed ( i guess thats after the car is delivered to the dealer)
so i guess it couldn't hurt to find out what the costco price is first. the costco dealer isn't the same one that the order was placed at. which may mean i would have to re order the car to get it to the costco dealer. anyone have insight on this?
I'm unsure if the costco price applies to ordered vehicles. I think it may only apply to those already on the lot. I could be wrong though. Send in your info and find out, it's worth a shot.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I ordered my SS and used the Costco auto program. So yes, it can be used with special orders. I have used the Costco programs for two 2500's, both 4x4, one gas and one diesel, and my Camaro. I hate negotiating. While car salesmen are nice, they are not in it just for that. Costco takes all that stress out of the deal. Instead of hours trying to make a purchase, it only takes an hour or so. Your experience may vary.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I looked at Trucar and Costco when I bought my Camaro.

Their price was just about what I ended up paying- maybe they were 100 bucks more.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I hadn't heard about the Costco Auto Program, this is certainly really good news!
Just to make sure I understood it..
You pay dealer invoice minus $1,000 for an SS
So the 1SS Dealer Invoice price is $31,636.80 minus $1,000 that would be $30,636, Correct? If so that makes buying the car a lot easier.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
metacam

Drives: 2014 camaro ss convertible
Costco discount for an ss is 800 under invoice. dealer might have gone 1 or 2 hundred less.
metacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
JTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I ordered my SS and used the Costco auto program. So yes, it can be used with special orders. I have used the Costco programs for two 2500's, both 4x4, one gas and one diesel, and my Camaro. I hate negotiating. While car salesmen are nice, they are not in it just for that. Costco takes all that stress out of the deal. Instead of hours trying to make a purchase, it only takes an hour or so. Your experience may vary.
Yes, very streamlined and stress free... Until you get into financing...

Offered me an upgraded security system for $800 and 5 years 50 thousand mile bumper to bumper warranty for $2200. Talked him down to $1400 between the two combined and an upgraded to 6 years 60 thousand miles (with a $0 deductible!). Also got the interest rate to come down from 3.9 to 2.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I hadn't heard about the Costco Auto Program, this is certainly really good news!
Just to make sure I understood it..
You pay dealer invoice minus $1,000 for an SS
So the 1SS Dealer Invoice price is $31,636.80 minus $1,000 that would be $30,636, Correct? If so that makes buying the car a lot easier.
I thought it was $1000 for the SS, but metacam maybe right. Initially when I heard of this program I thought it was above the dealer invoice, but its actually below. It's a great deal.

If any of you are really curious I can upload a scan of my receipt so you may see how it worked out. Just let me know.