Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #85
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Also wanted to thank all of our supporters here on C5 and special thanks to Sycraft and Johnny B for their efforts on the bearing issues. Sycraft has some great solutions that work very well, unrealistic for production costs but a great upgrade if you have the extra coin laying around.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #86
iceman5730
Iceman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Received my bearing thx Andy
Old 02-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #87
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
So I have been holding off on posting anything but have called twice to IPF and spoke to someone (dont want to say names) and was told the frists time that they would be sending them to me. Then that there was a problem with the replacment bearings which should have been worked out soon and should be here in two weeks.

Now that I see a thread for a group buy on the IPF SC can I presume that I should see the replacement bearings soon.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #88
IPF-Tuning

Hey habunow1,

We sent all the replacement bearings and pulleys out a few months ago.. yes we came up short on bearing spacers. Several of you did not receive your parts due the this manufacturing hold up. We were able to secure our manufacturing partner and production has started about two weeks ago on new kits and replacement parts. I would be the (nameless person) you spoke with. I was passing along the information I was given from the mfg. partner. I was given bad information, which in turn I passed along to the customers... unfortunately they were inaccurate. I apologize for that whole heartedly, unfortunately the manufacturing process is not in my realm of control.

We do apologize for the delays, I am told the new replacement parts will be arriving any day now and we will start processing these orders ASAP. And about this "Group Buy" I keep hearing about. Unfortunately we are no longer offering group buys, it effects our distribution partners. The pre-order thread you are referring to was to meet a sales goal for the new order pre-sale, not a specified group buy amount. With the exception of possibly one more kit, the initial order has been fulfilled and the offer will be closed shortly.

It is always best to contact me directly if you have any concerns, questions, recommendations, customer service issues or sales questions about pricing and availability. That would be the appropriate channel if you need resolution to an issue, pitch forks and torches on the forums does not solve issues, just creates larger ones. I receive calls and emails about these HUGE unbelievable problems... in most cases once I get to the bottom of the concern It applies to one customer, furthermore several of these concerns have been caused by improper installation, operator error or OEM equipment failure and the use of "other" aftermarket components that are not recommended for use with our system. Yes, we do have kinks, we are not perfect and some of the concerns have been legitimate. However I would like the opportunity to assist all our customers both past, present and future to the best of our ability. So, please contact me if you have any issues and I would be more than happy to assist with what I can or put you in contact with those who can.

Thank you all again, we appreciate all of your business and for your continued support to work through these issues. We have hired new staff for customer service support of the SC system, secured our manufacturing process and upgraded the idler pulley bearings. We look forward to a bright and prosperous future and moving forward with our current product line up and new product development.

If you need to contact me:

andy@kpe-products.com
888.222.4291 Opt 1 or 2

Best Regards,

Andrew Burgio
Exec. Sales Manager
KPE Products - IPF Tuning
Old 02-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #89
habunow1

I am not trying to start any trouble and I love my SC. The IPF kit is a great product and small glitches like this is part of any new design or when new distributors are picked up.

I just want to install the new bearings so the noise from under my hood will stop and I don't have to worry about them seizing up and causing other problems.

Andy please just let us know when they ship out.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #90
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
What kind of noise is it making? It might be the standard supercharger noise.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #91
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Remember to change the sc oil. First was done at 500 miles. Then every 2500 miles
Old 02-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #92
IPF-Tuning

Hey Habunow1, I didn't think you were : ) Just in my experience on these forums thus far, mole hills can turn into Mt Everest overnight. But some GREAT news. Last night the crew finished assembling the first batch of pulleys and will start shipping today. Several of you have been waiting long time, I know...my deepest apologies, I appreciate your patience. Those with failures will ship first, then those with updates. Then we will start filling new orders for SC Kits in March when all the new head units arrive!! Yaaaay.

Thank you again!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #93
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Have to say from reading a few of ipf posts that they are serious when it comes to excellent customer service. I like that even thought I don't have there product so I applaud them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #94
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Hey Habunow1, I didn't think you were : ) Just in my experience on these forums thus far, mole hills can turn into Mt Everest overnight. But some GREAT news. Last night the crew finished assembling the first batch of pulleys and will start shipping today. Several of you have been waiting long time, I know...my deepest apologies, I appreciate your patience. Those with failures will ship first, then those with updates. Then we will start filling new orders for SC Kits in March when all the new head units arrive!! Yaaaay.

Thank you again!

Are these pulleys the same diameter as the original ? Or are these the same size with new bearings ??
Thanks guys ! I am impressed with you continued attention to this.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #95
habunow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
What kind of noise is it making? It might be the standard supercharger noise.
The noise started a couple of days after the install and we tracked it down to the pullies (using the doctor thing that he wears around his neck but this one has a rod at the end to pick up the vibe rations). Sounds like a bad skateboard wheel but louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Remember to change the sc oil. First was done at 500 miles. Then every 2500 miles
Thanks for the reminder, I have been on point with this and need to order some more down to one bottle.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #96
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:

Thank you again!
That's great news Andy. Also thanks for the great customer service. Looking forward to getting those new pulleys.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #97
habunow1

Quote:

Thank you again!

Thank you for the update Andy looking forward to getting them installed.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #98
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Have to say from reading a few of ipf posts that they are serious when it comes to excellent customer service. I like that even thought I don't have there product so I applaud them.

Thanks HunterV6, I try my best, and will do what ever I can to help out!

Quote:
Are these pulleys the same diameter as the original ? Or are these the same size with new bearings ??
Thanks guys ! I am impressed with you continued attention to this.
Hey Nutbutt, these are the same size pulleys, different bearings and different spacers. The bearing width is different, hence the spacers as well. New parts started shipping Friday!!

I am seeing what I can do on the catch can as well... but that's a different thread. : )