Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Pay to play but not comfortable with the monthly

So I'm looking for a 1ss AGM just like my 1LT and I found two. Both are around 30.5K with sun roof and are 13's. The problem is the one that's closer to me, the dealer here won't budge on the monthly and are trying to get a grand over the other dealers price. All I asked was for payments no more than 50 plus what I'm paying and these freaks won't budge. The price they gave me is suppose to include all incentives, discounts and rebates. Like I said they are already over what that other dealer is asking. The other car is sitting on a non gm lot and is used. I must be coming off desperate to these guys hence the will not to deal.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
So I'm looking for a 1ss AGM just like my 1LT and I found two. Both are around 30.5K with sun roof and are 13's. The problem is the one that's closer to me, the dealer here won't budge on the monthly and are trying to get a grand over the other dealers price. All I asked was for payments no more than 50 plus what I'm paying and these freaks won't budge. The price they gave me is suppose to include all incentives, discounts and rebates. Like I said they are already over what that other dealer is asking. The other car is sitting on a non gm lot and is used. I must be coming off desperate to these guys hence the will not to deal.
Never negotiate on monthly payment. The dealership can manipulate all kinds of factors to keep your monthly payment the same but it will cost you more in the long run by extending the length of your loan, adjusting your down payment or trade in and adding more stuff, like an extended warranty, paint protection, undercoating, GAP insurance, etc. Are both cars used or just the one on the non GM lot is used?

If you are negotiating on a car already on the lot I would recommend you wait until the end of the month to negotiate, the 29th of October would be a good day to start negotiations since they might be willing to deal more if they are trying to hit a monthly sales goal. You are basically putting some pressure on them but that assumes they have not hit their monthly goals. However this time of the year this is a pretty safe assumption since traditionally September to December there are fewer people actually going to car lots to buy a car. You can also put the two dealers against each other if the cars are similar enough.

I would also recommend you do all of your negotiations via phone or e-mail if possible. If you set foot on the lot they will try to grind you down until you commit to buying. You will be on their turf and a buyer is at enough of a disadvantage to begin with that we don’t want to give away any advantage. And if you do go in and they take you for a test drive or show you the vehicle do not show any excitement. Keep a complete poker face. Even if it is your favorite color you hate it, if it’s an automatic you prefer a manual etc. They use your excitement against you.

In the end your strongest negotiating tactic is to just plain walk out. Even if you love the car there are and will be others that are just as good. Cars are a commodity and the one on this lot is just the same as one on another lot somewhere else. It’s not more valuable because its being sold by Joe’s car lot. (although some dealers think so) If you are set on a 2013, then yes the new ones are drying up but I have seen some great deals on some very low mileage used ones and that will save you even more money
I am sure others here will have some good advice for you as well, but let us know how things go.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Contact Becky and see what she can find for you.

Aside from that, if money is that tight, keep what you've got. Your car payment will go up, the insurance will go up, and your gas cost will go up. Now is not a great time to be over extending yourself.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

You are exactly right on with the tactics to use. It's just that this dealer doesn't want to budge on the price. I will keep interest via phone and email. It's just frustrating is all.Thanks guys, I will give her a call.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
30.5 for a 2013 is not a bad deal. They probably aren't budging because they know it will sell for that.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Well I payed to play and now have the bigger brother AGM 1SS.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Enjoy!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote