Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Buying a Camaro would be easier....

.....If you didn't have to deal with salesman. have asked numerous people from Lindsay Chevrolet if they could verify if there internet price included the current customer cash incentive and have not gotten one response. starting to get pissed off! simple question!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
One word: Becky
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

well I have a black 1SS scoped out but it will take something like 4 hours to get there I estimate, can't go until Saturday so if it is still there come friday I will make the trip and try to get something done, if not I will try again in the spring. Prepared to get nothing but blue book on my trade and walk away if I have to. being it is close to the end of the month I hope that works to my advantage. if not so be it! it is a 1SS with rs package and sunroof. and this particular dealer has a ton of camaros I think something 56 if I remember right. we will see

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
It's not lindsay in NoVa is it? If so AVOID them. They never reveal the pricing and are the baint-and-switch masters. I remember that name from threads here.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
It's not lindsay in NoVa is it? If so AVOID them. They never reveal the pricing and are the baint-and-switch masters. I remember that name from threads here.
yep it's that one. now you got me worried, 4 hour trip for me, hate to make that trip for nothing. I know from reading the fine print that they don't include freight and a 500 fee in that total so not sure about them.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
metacam

Drives: 2014 camaro ss convertible
if you are a costco member that is a painfree way to get a great deal under invoice

or if you are willing to pay about 300 bucks to an auto broker they will get you a great deal (i found that it pretty much matches the costco price on the new car i was looking at) and you will not ever even step foot into a dealership. the deal with the broker was done over the phone and some emails. zip done! no probs whatsoever!
metacam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Not a Costco member, heck there isn't one with in two hours of me last I checked, though I do have a Sam's club membership.

I think baring any unforeseen things coming up will drive down there to check it out and hear there pitch. not expecting them to get me a deal but who knows. I know one thing I aint going to fall for there "black book" crap I have an idea what I want the deal to look like totals wise. we will see if they can hit the mark. and on the record I hate to deal with sales people. if nothing gets done I will simple make it a joy ride maybe check out my old school on the way back home maybe check out a factory outlet mall on the way back. treating it as a get away with an errand thrown in

Old 10-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
make sure you pull out that alpine for the next camaro!
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

well there powering the door speakers which are the best part of the system, those damn Polk's are just plain awesome speakers! was going to pull all of it out in the spring but if I trade now I will not have the time. if I can't get a deal Saturday then I will wait til spring and pull them out then and have them ready for the next ride. ain't giving my current car away, there going to have to give me good value.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
yep should have listened, emailed and IM'd them three times to confirm the 1ss I wanted was still there , it had disappeared from autotrader just that friday and after I drove 4.5 hours the next day they say oh sorry it has been sold, they proceeded to try to get me to buy a fully loaded 2SS, that I could not begin to afford, Kept telling them that all I was interested in was a 1SS and that didn't seem to phase them, tried to talk me into a V6 Camaro. and to top it off they low balled me on my trade by roughly 5K. Lindsay chevrolet is everything I hate about buying a car. they treat you like a piece of meat, they bait and switched me, and insulted my intelligence, told them my number was 25K to get me to the financing I needed to get it to the monthly payment I could afford. that was only attainable with a 1SS. Liars and con artists!

Old 10-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
fsrtwo

Drives: 2013 1Lt Conv, Blue
I tried to deal with them as well. It didn't start good, so I figured it wouldn't end good. I used Pohanka and was extremely pleased.

This a post of what I did, my comments are post #4..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320499
fsrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

funny thing, the car is still listed on there site, there probably baiting and switching other people.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

LOL they must read this board, posted the previous post last night and to day they remove it, only took them like 5 days

Old 10-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
If you're up for another drive someday, give Pohanka Chevy a call in Chantilly, VA. Ask for a salesman named Josh Bailey. Young guy, knows Camaros, and really took care of me when I bought mine. Got me the number I asked for! Best experience I've ever had buying a vehicle. Good luck in your search.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote