Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
Help with dealer fees in PA, im from OH

Ok, so looking at purchasing a used camaro from a dealer in PA. I live in OH. We settled on a price plus tax and title/tags. When he sent me over the invoice it showed $131 for Doc fee which I told him I did not agree to and then there is $260 for tags? I asked him to break this down for me as I don't see how this could cost so much and he is having trouble. He said they also took off $50 of their fee so its down to $210 and then he said it will be around $75 after that?

I know dealers play games with all their different fees so Im trying to figure out what I should really be paying for tags. I mean I know to buy new plates in OH its like $75, and I'm guessing they are trying to say the $210 is for transferring the title and what not, but by looking at OH and PA DOT websites it is nowhere close to that fee. I asked to purchase my own tags when I get back to OH and he said that legally they are not allowed to do that.
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
To be honest, the max for Doc fees in Ohio is higher. Like double what you are being charged. I have bought with no doc fee, and have bought with. depends on the deal.
And if they are able to drop money off of the tag fee, that must be an arbitrary fee as well.
I know some states , like Florida, charge big bucks for doc fees.

And Maryland charges inspection fees on top of other fees.

I would say to look the whole idea of buying a 20k-35k car over, with all of its fees, and determine if its really a deal. If its still is, great.

If it isn't - then don't buy it.

If you try to pick a deal apart on every little detail- you'll go nuts.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I have bought several cars in PA and there fees are not bad at all IMO, prefer to buy up there in the Pittsburgh and surrounding area!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I just paid about $500 in doc fees in NC the $131 you state is not bad. The doc fees are a scam all dealers do it I have walked out of dealers over doc fees.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote