Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #29
Ssgt

Drives: 2014 1LS Ashen Gray
oh and one thing i love about those weather techs. I dont CARE what is on my feet when i get in my car anymore...Mud, snow, water, leaves, all just lies on the mats, when theyre filthy just take em out, hose em down, hit em with some shiny protectant and wipe real quick to remove excess protectant, and they look better than new again. Love Love Love my weathertech stuff....
Ssgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #30
Ssgt

Drives: 2014 1LS Ashen Gray
Got around to swapping the sub and amp from my old car into the camaro today. Picked up a cheap ported front firing box. It fits right out of the trunk opening for removal, and installed the amp on the seat back so I can just unplug the speaker leads from the box and pull it right out, should i need to get to my spare, or need the extra storage space. Managed not to cut any factory wires, and no wires but the box leads show when everything is in place. Win for me. Didnt have to remove anything except the trunk carpet and the seat base. Used a Signal sensing LOC and tapped into the rear speakers for easy installation. Sounds much better with some bottom end. and though I could make it so, its not excessively thumpy/boomy, just right. I still may run a remote bass level control to a spot under the drivers seat or dash, just for when I'm listening to different genre of music, for fine tuning without folding down the back seat. Name of the game on this project was cheap, reusing (albeit cheap) amps and (mediocre)drivers I already had and simple with minimal invasion of stock systems. Also ease of returning to stock. Im over the days of full installs....for now.
Attached Images

Mods: 18" Drag DR-37's, Hurst Billet Plus 2 short shifter, Weathertech Trunk and Floor Liners, Flowmaster series 40 Axleback, K&N Typhoon Polished Intake, Hurst Equipped Enameled Chrome Emblem, Android Torque APP OBDII Bluetooth adaptor w/ Customizable touch screen HUD/Dash display and readouts/gauges via 8" tablet, Formula One Pinnacle series 30% sides 15% rear ceramic tint.
Ssgt is offline   Reply With Quote