Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I decided to purchase a GMEPP (General Motors Extended Protection Plan) today from www.gmoutlet.com

Current mileage on my Camaro Convertible: 5543

72 Months
48k miles
$0 Deductible

= $1200

Initially, I was going to opt for a $100 deductible but thought about a few visits (4 to 6?) to the dealer over the course of the 6 years - even if repairs are covered, at $100 a pop and I'll have paid nearly twice as much as the GMEPP cost me. Figured I'd just opt for a $0 deductible, be done with it and not have to shell out $100 should I require covered repairs.

The price they offered was outstanding. I didn't even attempt to negotiate with them. Fair is fair and I believe this is more than fair considering what I paid the Saturn dealer for an extended warranty on my AURA 3.6 and what a couple of my local dealers or www.gmppdirect.com were offering (see my post above).

I'm covered for the next 6 years as I'll probably not even come close to the 48k miles between now and then. And, when the 6 years is up, with all likelihood, I'll be able to renew the plan.

Thanks again, "Pony" for this great tip. Else, I would've paid nearly twice as much by going through one of our local dealers or www.gmppdirect.com
Sounds good, but based on how many miles you have driven so far you may never need it....
It is always in good for peace of mind. I am so glad I bought one on my Saturn Vue, it has more than paid for itself in one repair. A rebuilt transmission, my cost including the extended warranty and deductable, $1100, cost if I had to pay for the repair out of pocket, $3200.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #58
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Sounds good, but based on how many miles you have driven so far you may never need it....
It is always in good for peace of mind. I am so glad I bought one on my Saturn Vue, it has more than paid for itself in one repair. A rebuilt transmission, my cost including the extended warranty and deductable, $1100, cost if I had to pay for the repair out of pocket, $3200.
Most definitely.

THAT is a typical scenario of WHY an additional warranty is a nice little pet to have. One can never know when something goes wrong. Better to have "insurance" than play the odds of not ever needing it.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #59
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Most definitely.

THAT is a typical scenario of WHY an additional warranty is a nice little pet to have. One can never know when something goes wrong. Better to have "insurance" than play the odds of not ever needing it.
In will probably get one for our Spark, we are really racking up the miles already. But then again I am mostly concerned about the CVT, and I have a 5 year or 100,000 mile factory warranty on it.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #60
Baba

The following "White Paper" was sent to me by Allen B. from gmoutlet.com. These folks are a GM Cadillac dealer and are authorized to sell the GMPP.

From what I've read and from what he also imparted to me, the online company "Ally" who currently sell the GMPP, will be losing(?) their rights to sell the GMPP and are / will be negotiating with GM to continue doing so (you'll need to Google the info).
http://www.ally.com/gmpp/

White paper on the NEW GM Plan: - The Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, My Brand Extended Protection Plan – Platinum by GM

·Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, My Brand Extended Protection Plan - Platinum by General Motors (GMEPP)

1. The GMEPP nick name is this dealerships abbreviation . The official name is shown above.
  2. GM Extended Protection Plan - Platinum is also shorthand for above.
  3. The easiest way to tell the difference is the words - Extended and Platinum - as the new GM plan (not Ally's GMPP).
· This is a new plan that was rolled out by GM in late 2013
  1. Ohio was the first pilot state starting in the fall of 2013.
  2. North East, USA started dealer enrollment on December 1, 2013, (we signed up on 12/1/13).
  3. Over the next few months GMEPP is moving dealer enrollment South and West, USA.
  4. If your GM dealership is in the West or South USA, they have MIGHT not have been presented yet with the new GMEPP plan. This will happen over the next few months but since the GMEPP is a GM coverage on your GM VISS file, your coverage is honored at all 4,100 GM dealers in the USA and all the GM Dealers in Canada if traveling.
· Two Plans Offered - Platinum and Silver (we only sell the top Platinum Plan)
· Two Deductibles Offered - $0 or $100
  1. Deductibles are per visit, not items repaired per visit, and once you pay a deductible for a part you will never pay for another deductible on that part for the life of the plan.
  2. The original GM Bumper to Bumper and Powertrain $0 Deductible Limited Warranties pay first and when they expire, then any GMEPP deductible will apply, if applicable.
· GMEPP uses an secure Dealer Online Quoting System using your VIN/Serial Number and Current Odometer Reading to quote a price that is guaranteed for that day only.
  1. The more overlapping time and mileage you have on your GM Bumper to Bumper coverage the lower price you will pay. (i.e. Earlier / Lower Miles = Lower Price)
  2. GMEPP's Coverage is added to Todays Date and added to Todays Odometer Reading.
  3. If you purchase we will need to verify your odometer reading.
· Owned 100% by General Motors by a 100% owned division called GM Financial.
  1. Administered by Am Trust for GM.
  2. AM Trust's A.M. Best Insurance Rating = "A" Excellent: Here
    1. No matter who GM hires to administer the plan; the GMEPP is 100% owned by GM Financial which is 100% owned by GM.
    2. The administer of GM plans have one of the highest ratings in the industry.
· Since the GMEPP is 100% owned by GM all data is integrated on the GM VISS warranty history file of your vehicle
  1. All GM Bumper to Bumper, Powertrain and GM Extended Protection Plan (GMEPP) Coverage’s listed on your GM VISS file are GM's online confirmation of your benefits and results in a seamless service visit with at all 4,100 GM Dealerships, (regardless if your dealer sells the GMEPP or not).
  2. If your GM dealer does not yet sell the GMEPP and you have a needed repair, have them confirm your coverage on GM VISS and your GM dealer will call 1-877-265-1072 to create a claim and/or enroll to get an permanent online account at no charge.
· Since the GMEPP is 100% owned by GM one of their top concerns is keeping you, the GM owner, satisfied with your vehicle.

· GOOGLE search words & Links:
  1. Chevrolet Extended Protection Plan Platinum
  2. Chevrolet National Website (Open Extended Protection Tab)
  3. GMC Extended Protection Plan Platinum
  4. GMC National Website (Open Extended Protection Tab)
  5. Buick Extended Protection Plan Platinum
  6. Cadillac Extended Protection Plan Platinum
  7. Cadillac National Website (Open Extended Protection Tab)
  8. My Brand Extended Protection Plan Platunim
If any further questions please call 877-472-9550 ext 302 and ask for Allen
3 Pedals

Last edited by Baba; 06-29-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #61
fsrtwo

Drives: 2013 1Lt Conv, Blue
I just did the GMEPP from Alan Black as well. I did 84 months/60K miles. Can't beat the price!
fsrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #62
Baba

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrtwo View Post
I just did the GMEPP from Alan Black as well. I did 84 months/60K miles. Can't beat the price!
Excellent. Compared to Ally (gmppdirect.com) I was blown away by the price he offered.
3 Pedals