Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Tiphareth

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1
Smokey Point Customs

Trying to let as many people as I can find know about the experience I had with Smokey Point Customs in Arlington Washington. If you have facebook, please like and share the page so as many people as possible will know the kind of work this guy does.

I took my car into Smokey Point Customs in Arlington Washington on Sept. 4th to have some scratches buffed out and the bumper fixed and both the fender and bumper repainted. Upon completion of the work, I noticed A LOT of things wrong. First, they didn't buff the scratches out, just painted over them, secondly they didn't match the paint so there's a distinct line in the middle of the fender, thirdly they didn't clean the bumper when they added the clear coat so it's smearing off and fourthly they didn't tape off the engine bay so they sprayed primer all over it.

I tried calling them all day the day I picked itup and never got an answer so finally I had to drive back down to the shop and showed them what was wrong. They tried to clean off the paint with acetone and damaged many of the under hood components, including stripping the paint off down to to the primer and scratching up the plastic parts PLUS chipping the pain off the engine cover.

I finally had to tell them to stop because they were causing so much damage! I left and got some estimates on how much it would cost to repair all the damages they caused and when I returned with them I had them thrown in my face and told I was insane if I thought they were actually going to pay for any of the damages they caused.

I left and filed a small claims suit against them. That night my car had primer residue dumped all over it while it was sitting outside my bedroom window. I filed a report with the Sheriff but since I didn't see them do it there isn't much they can do.

Court came and went and I won the case and they are still refusing to pay for the damages they caused. Apparently going to court doesn't matter because even with a judgement against them, they still won't pay. I found out the only thing I can do now is hire a collection agency to collect for me and they will take 50% of the money which won't leave me enough money to get my car fixed. Either that or continue to pay my lawyer at 200 per hour which will eat up any monies I would've gotten to back to fix my car completely and I will be in the exact same boat I am in now.

My husband and I come from very very humble backgrounds and we saved and worked for years to get our credit to the point where I could finally get my dream car and just two short months after getting it, this is what has happened. I have tried many times to collect the money and I get called names, threatened and made fun of by the owner. I don't know what else to do except have this person exposed for who and what he is and hopefully it will same someone else the heartache I have had to endure.

I tried to upload the pictures but it keeps telling me it wont work so if you would like to see the pictures they are on the public Facebook page I created at www.facebook.com/smokeypointcustoms
Tiphareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Call Jessie at King 5.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Tiphareth

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS1
I've tried, a bunch of times and sent him emails and facebook messages. So far nothing in return and I've been trying for well over a month now...
Tiphareth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body work, custom body work, custom paint, paint