Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
KC Z28

Drives: 2014 Z28 on order
700 mile straight driving review

Miami to Chattanooga .
If you are used to driving long hauls in pro touring cars I feel this is a step up I wasn't worn out after a long drive and was ready to go again the next day ..its absolutely unbelievable .. Hit rain in Chattanooga and was def. Ready to stop but it was also dark ..still sprinkling this morning for our last 700 miles.
I will say the traction control in wet does an amazing job in town with 0 spin.
I'm 5'11 and I hate a short seat it hurts my leg def not the case with the reccaros .
KC Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Good to know. I hope you were able to vary your speed and keep it below 80 mph for proper break in of engine and rearend.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
I did 700 last sat and 700 sun and agree....it's a great touring car with those seats.
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
I did 700 last sat and 700 sun and agree....it's a great touring car with those seats.
Damn. I just drove some 300 miles and had a different read on this. I hope it's not true, but perhaps -- as Danny Glover once said -- "I'm too old for this sh*t!"...

MY DRIVE REVIEW

I can't remember; did you do this on the Trofeo Rs or on street tires?
Old 05-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
The bridgestones and windows open the whole way...but when I needed to talk on the phone it was fine with the windows up and not on the throttle...last street car was a viper acr and this is luxury compared to that.
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
The bridgestones and windows open the whole way...but when I needed to talk on the phone it was fine with the windows up and not on the throttle...last street car was a viper acr and this is luxury compared to that.
I can only imagine; the ACR must be a total beast on the road...
Old 05-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
KC Z28

I have kept it under 80 the warning indicator is great for this..but it needs to be louder on the Z depending if your on a rough grit highway you can't hear the chime (road noise)...same thing with using OnStar it can be hard for them to hear ....I started buying /building pro tour cars because I thought Chevrolet had forgotten what a sports car should feel like ...to me it should feel and most important sound special each time you drive it....my pro touring cars will be sitting alot now .

Not a complaint though its just how it should be....I can feel the heartbeat Chevrolet

I also love how you can actually feel the difference in sport/tljr mode in the steering and lane changing and curves...omg....feels so good can't describe.

Yes the wide front ties will try to track in ruts...but its not unbearable...just pay attention

This car is for someone who loves to drive...if you don't pass on kt
Old 05-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Z28 View Post
I have kept it under 80 the warning indicator is great for this..but it needs to be louder on the Z depending if your on a rough grit highway you can't hear the chime (road noise)...same thing with using OnStar it can be hard for them to hear ....I started buying /building pro tour cars because I thought Chevrolet had forgotten what a sports car should feel like ...to me it should feel and most important sound special each time you drive it....my pro touring cars will be sitting alot now .

Not a complaint though its just how it should be....I can feel the heartbeat Chevrolet

I also love how you can actually feel the difference in sport/tljr mode in the steering and lane changing and curves...omg....feels so good can't describe.

Yes the wide front ties will try to track in ruts...but its not unbearable...just pay attention

This car is for someone who loves to drive...if you don't pass on kt
There is an over 80mph warning indicator? It automatically goes away after 1,500 miles?
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
There is an over 80mph warning indicator? It automatically goes away after 1,500 miles?
I've never played with the speed warning, but I did see that you can turn it on and off in one of the preferences menus. I assume you can enter the speed as well. I hit 90 at one point during my drive -- since the break-in warnings demand that you vary your speed (and I was already going 80) -- and there are no such warnings built into the car during the break-in period...
Old 05-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #10
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Just like the ZL1, you can program a speed warning to go off at any mph ud like.. I followed GM breakin so I programmed a speed warning when I did my breakin..
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Damn. I just drove some 300 miles and had a different read on this. I hope it's not true, but perhaps -- as Danny Glover once said -- "I'm too old for this sh*t!"...

MY DRIVE REVIEW

I can't remember; did you do this on the Trofeo Rs or on street tires?
Great review, enjoy the ride back to NOCAL :-).

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #12
super60

KCZ28

Enjoy the ride home :-) & Thanks for supporting GM and Team Camaro

Hopefully the build sheet in your center console glove box under the rubber matting is still there!

Best regards from Oshawa :-)

Mike Judge
Super60

Old 05-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
KC Z28

OMG First thing I did was look in the glove box when I saw the car and only saw the matting for the cupholders ...Me and my kid were about to St Louis when I saw your post and I about came unglued I ripped open the glove box ..like it was Christmas pulled that matt up and there it was ..with your name on it no doubt !!!
I swear its just my imagination or the low rumble at idle is getting louder we LOVE the Z ...thank you for your post made my day !
Old 05-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
super60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Z28 View Post
OMG First thing I did was look in the glove box when I saw the car and only saw the matting for the cupholders ...Me and my kid were about to St Louis when I saw your post and I about came unglued I ripped open the glove box ..like it was Christmas pulled that matt up and there it was ..with your name on it no doubt !!!
I swear its just my imagination or the low rumble at idle is getting louder we LOVE the Z ...thank you for your post made my day !
Your very welcome :-)